close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hi everyone...

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by havoc21, Dec 13, 2006.

1. havoc21

havoc21

hi to all. im new hir and would like to solicit advice from experienced pinoy shooters...

I recently bought a CZ-75 PO1 at the gunshow held at megamall. I got interested in the world of guns recently, and what i know is based on research in the internet. The PO1 caught my eye, and when i SAW and HANDLED it in 'metal' so to speak...i guess you could say it was instant attraction. The gunshop that i bought it from assured me that ill be getting it before Christmas....So u could say its a present for myself...hehehe!

now for my questions. for personal reasons, i was considering hardchroming the pistol, and based from threads that ive read at CZshooters.com, it can be done.But upon inquiry from local gunsmiths in our country, they said they cant do it since the frame is aluminum alloy;they can only teflon coat the frame and hard chrome the slide(its made of steel).it this true? the least cost that i was able to inquire of was around Php 4, 000 for the whole pistol (hard chrome slide n controls/silver teflon coated frame). is dis a reasonable fee?

can anyone of u enlighten me to teflon coating vs stock polycoat of CZ? which is the better finish?

also, i hope anyone of u could direct me to a reputable gunsmith...

thanks in advance and merry christmas to all!

2. stanship

stanship

welcome sa bogs!

why would you like to chrome a new gun, if i may ask?
    if you will compete in production division, this will not be allowed.
    better off buying ammo for practice:)

good gunsmiths for me are tony olinares and metrillo

3. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

hi havoc,

welcome to BOG.

congatulations on the gun. nice choice.

my friend owns the very same model and sa tutoo lang, naiinggit ako sa kanya. it's a good carry gun and you can use it for competition in the production division.

the smiths are right, you cant chrome aluminum.

saka mo na ipabago ang finish, iputok mo na muna ng iputok. spend the 4k on ammo and range time. or a good holster. or extra mags.

i'm sure a lot of the vets here would advise the same.

cosmetic mods should be way down on your list. pagka nabili mo na lahat ng importante at marami ka pang tirang pera, saka mo na ipa-chrome kung talagang gusto mo.

hope your gun comes out before christmas! :thumbsup:

4. havoc21

havoc21

thank u stan and heavy for the sage advice....tama kayo, cguro cosmetics should be way down in my priority list...

didnt knw that chromed pistols cant be used in shooting competitions...guess i have a lot to learn...

will be earnestly looking in this forum every now and then.

stil, a shiny chromed PO1 would be really coool...(havent seen one yet, hehehe)

Salamat muli!

5. Astra22

Astra22

welcom to BOGs bro.

I agree with the others in saying that hardchroming at this time is uncalled for. Break-in the gun first and try to practice more with it. saka mo na lang pagandahin pag gamay mo na talaga.

But that's just me, and it is your gun. you can do whatever you wish with it. good luck Bro.:thumbsup:

I sure hope that your gun comes out before Christmas!

(sana yung sa akin din! hehehe!) :banana:

6. havoc21

havoc21

thnks astra22 for ur reply...

i really hope to get the pistol before christmas...i feel like a kid waiting excitedly for his new toy...

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

how much did you pay for the PO-1? sa PB Dionisio mo binili? that is the compact version of the much awaited but probably will never come to the Philippines shores, CZ 75 SP-01. During the last Worldshoot, the Glock 17 and the CZ 75 SP-01 were going head-to-head in Production Division. Adam Tyc won using the CZ over Dave Sevigny with his Glock 17. But that is another story...

[​IMG]

huwag mo na pa hard chrome. gamitin mo ng gamitin hanggang magasgas. para meron siyang "character"! nakakatakot mga gusgusing baril... magaling yung indian na may hawak...

anyway, if this is your first pistol, i'm sure it won't be your last!

8. wingz

wingz speed not power

Welcome havoc21:banana: Galing naman ng CZ mo, follow the tips of our pro bros. Bagong bago pa yan, hayaan mo munang kumupas:supergrin: . Range time kailangan nyan. Good luck bro.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9. vega

vega

Welcome to GT!
    Like everyone said, +1 on keeping it stock.
    Put it this way, you woke up in the middle of the night and went out of your bedroom to investigate. Blued steel is harder to see compared to shiny metal. You want to keep a low profile and not let the BG knows you're armed.

10. havoc21

havoc21

thanks vega and wings for the advice...

to eyecutter, they gave (AF dealer) the gun to me at Php 36, 000.00, plus 3, 0010.00 for processing/reg fees. all in all Php 39, 010.00.

R.Espinelli was the dealer, at Cubao area.

11. G19cPH

G19cPH

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

alluminum alloy ang P01? does that mean it can break?

13. stanship

stanship

kailan kaya mag-i-import ang pb ng CZ75 SP01? :upeyes:

inggit na inggit kami sa mga taga thailander shooter sa cpra cebu shoot last october.

14. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

yes, the slide of your pistol can be hard chromed, but why? the cz polycoat is a tough and durable finish, it would be a waste to strip a new one off and paint it with an inferior teflon coat.

hardchroming is nice for old loosey goosey guns, makes them tight. but if you really like a shiny pimp gun, by all means go ahed:) and dont forget to post some pics. just my 2 centimos:)

15. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Welcome to Bogs havoc21 sir...! This forum is one forum you will learn a lot! Good thing you asked first about chroming...

Just like most of us in this forum, take it from DocEC....
    regards!

16. Allegra

Allegra

Whats the diff sa cz 85 bsides the long dust and bebertail?
    Looks like an ordinary tanfoglio e hehe

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

wala na except 18+1 capacity. sabi ng pbd they can't import the units kasi nga the EU classified RP as a "terrorist state"!

18. attyjpl

attyjpl Dark Justice

havoc21,

i agree with heavy. iputok mo muna ng iputok hanggang malaglag ang coating at mamuti sa pulbura :laughabove: that's what i've been doing with my CZ 75 BD. but whatever you desire, i'm sure you will enjoy your CZ :thumbsup:

19. ogiebb

ogiebb

that sucks ... im thinking about venturing into production too but 10 rounds lang sa USPSA kaya medyo hinde ako interested...wala na talaga sasarap pa ng maglaro ng production with 18+1 or more:supergrin:

20. havoc21

havoc21

id like to thank everyone for thier replies, suggestions and making me feel welcome in this forum...(sorry if i replied late, had to attend to some things..)

to CEbuboy: yup, thats what ive read from the CZshooters.com forum.. puede nga daw i chome but instead of nickelplating it (a step in hardshroming steel), they say u copperplate it first so that the hardchrome would stick to the aluminum alloy. unfortunately, based on my 5 inquries of gunsmiths here in metro-manila, they cant do it or they are not aware of the process... :sad:

But since most of ur suggestions guided me to break in the pistol or invest in other accessories first, ill follow it. its very good advice anyway :hugs:

but make no mistake about it; i will make the gun badass after undergoing 5k rounds, and ill post pics hir :)

Salamat sa lahat ng tulong ninyo, merry christmas!