Hi! Come in! Please, no murdering

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by evomx5, Feb 9, 2010.

1. evomx5

evomx5 GLOCK Goob

2. RioKid

RioKid

I would not spend my money in his place of business even if I was not a ccw'er. :steamed:

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

So now the Raibow collision is an anti gun org. Go figure! Well we real Americans don't like them much either! I'm all for them making there little Rainbow communities gun free zones that way the gang bangers and murders can feel free to murder all they want, rob all they want etc! Cause Population reductions there make the world a better place!:supergrin:

4. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Hi! Come in! Please, no murdering
    By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist
    [​IMG]
    Friday, February 5, 2010

While Peet's Coffee & Tea respects all individuals' rights under local, state and federal laws, our policy is not to allow customers carrying firearms in our stores unless they are uniformed or identified law enforcement officers. - The Scavenger

Hello and welcome to our store! Please, feel free to look around, make yourself comfortable, enjoy our fine offerings and, oh yes, by the way? Please, no murdering.

Also, no raping, gang-banging, popping off, stabbing, mauling, stealing stuff, or walking around in a confrontational macho huff, ready at a moment's notice to harass any of our normal patrons with a snarl and a vague threat of violence because you feel it is your God-given right, given how you are a card-carrying member of a pro-gun "Open Carry" sect that likes to strap unloaded handguns to your Wranglers, walk around in public places and freak people out. Thank you so much!

I'm sorry, I see you are still wearing your little weapon and strutting about like you are the rather doughy, bad-skinned king of the sand castle. Perhaps we were not clear? Shall we try it again?

Clearly, you are not a police officer. Therefore, the management, our employees and pretty much everyone within a 100-mile radius would very much appreciate it if you would put away that ego-fluffing man-toy that is designed solely to kill other living creatures and induce fear and ignorance as it regresses every hesitant advancement in the human soul back to caveman grunting lunkishness. Thank you again!

Oh, please do not misunderstand! We are all terribly impressed. It is so very patriotic of you to show off your little popper! Are you in a gang? Are you a drug dealer? Are you going to shoot some scary terrorists, Mr. pallid paranoid Constitution-misquoting videogame-addicted guy? Protect all of us here in the casual neighborhood coffee shop from those crazy liberals and their health care reform and organic pretzels? Thank you so much! But really, I think we'll be OK without your little display. Enjoy your frappucino, won't you?

What, no drink? You now wish to order nothing at all and instead plop yourself down in the corner, plug in your laptop and angrily scour Facebook all day for evidence that your ex-girlfriend, the one who left you two years ago at a full, what-the-hell-was-I-thinking sprint, is now dating a liberal or a pacifist or an atheist and is far, far happier than she ever was with you? We understand. We appreciate your desire to partake of our free Wi-Fi, buy nothing and not give a damn that we can't really stay in business that way.

Why, look at you! Refusing to step away from the counter and instead choosing to read aloud from your little card that says how it's completely legal to carry an unconcealed, unloaded firearm in a public space! Way to stand up for your rights! God bless America!

Turns out you are right. It is legal, sort of. Then again, so is eating gravel, wearing a giant hat made of cow manure and squirrel tails, and slapping yourself in the face repeatedly while ranting semicoherently about Jesus, ************ and Shania Twain. And you don't see anyone doing that, do you? Except Carl over there?

We realize it might seem unfair. Far be it from us here at the neighborhood cafe, where families and small children and book readers come to chat and feel slightly better about their day, to ask you to leave because your energy is so low and repellant and also downright silly.

But nevertheless, I'm afraid that's exactly what we're going to do. We would appreciate it if you would take your business elsewhere. Right now. No? Very well.

We had hoped it wouldn't come to this. We had hoped to find a better resolution. However, in response to your insistence on carrying a firearm into our premises, we have no choice but to change our official policy, right here and now, on the spot.

Again, we mean no offense, you jingoistic lump of mancrazy. You are indeed well within your rights to be a thoroughly paranoid coward who has no real inner strength, confidence or social skills, to a degree that you feel you must carry a deadly weapon around to feel like you even exist. We understand your thinking completely. It's basic psychology. Very, very basic. Childish, even.

So then. Like any business, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. But we realize there are some people for whom this is not specific or clear enough. We realize some people have to have it, you know, spelled out and publicly displayed.

Therefore, we have revised our list. Please note the new sign we have just posted on the front door. We have expanded and clarified a few things. We hope it helps.

Effective immediately on these premises, there will be:

* No murdering

* No raping

* No pillaging

* No gun slinging, pistol-whipping, sucker-punching

* No mauling, jabbing, stabbing, hating or undermining

* No screaming bloody murder

* No morons

* No panicking

* No testing on animals

* No jumping for Joy. While she appreciates your enthusiasm, our cashier is happily married. Thank you

* No live birthing

* No dumping

* No livestock

* No smoking

* No smoking the livestock

* No exit

* No way out

* No diving

* No spitting

* No way!

* No Crusades

* No "Star Trek" re-enactments

* No skinny-dipping in the half-n-half

* No doubt

Thank you so much for understanding. Free sample biscotti on your way out?

5. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

If only we could place that "no murdering" sign everywhere, there'd be no more murders.

Easy as that.

6. annieO09

annieO09

* No morons...

So where does this guy actually go to work as he has just removed himself from his own business...:dunno::rofl:

7. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

Wow, that is very offensive to me and I don't even OC. What an idiot, granted OC'ing an unloaded gun is also idiocy but still, I took his crying from the CC angle hence my offense.

Cough, cough, [email protected], oops.

8. Oramac

Oramac

just which part, exactly, do we misquote? would that be the "shall not be infringed" part? please, enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  9. lbckid19

lbckid19

i personally think unless your on a ranch, a long hike, or something of that manner, you should not open carry. or your in law enforcement on duty. when someone wants to excersice theirs rights by toting around a firearm, i believe they are infringing on the rights of others to feel safe and secure. They do not know you. They do not know your intentions. Yes you are entitled to your opinions about your gun and how much you love them. That being said, they are allowed to have opinions about guns and how much they hate/despise them. Dont upset a whole group of people just so you can excersise YOUR rights. your actually just making the firearm community looks worse. Dont get me wrong, im all for concealed carry and im a proud owner of a glock, but some people just dont think beyond themselves.

10. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Every day i see people doing things that offend me. . . Have you see the way some people drive? Scares the hell outta me. . .

I want everything that offends or scares me BANNED right now!!!!

11. Oramac

Oramac

agreed. if they want to OC, they can. period. it is their right. it is also the right of those who are frightened to either leave, start a conversation, or call the police for nothing.

12. lbckid19

lbckid19

Every day i see people doing things that offend me. . . Have you see the way some people drive? Scares the hell outta me. . .

I want everything that offends or scares me BANNED right now!!!![/quote]

fortunate for you, these crazy driving manuevers are illegal. their illegal because they pose a danger to others. There arent really laws against open carry, because i guess the carrier doesnt technically pose a threat to others. just makes them uneasy. A little consideration for others goes along way. its also legal for people to cut in line, sneez or cough without covering your mouth, and farting out loud in a buisness meeting. however People dont do this because of CONSIDERATION

btw i know you were making a joke which i did find humerous, im just making a point

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  13. Oramac

Oramac

yes, they do. OC does not.

yes, there are. many places specifically ban OC. texas is one. missouri as a state doesn't, but allows it's cities to ban it, which they do. there are many laws against OC, all of which ban something that is not "technically a threat to others" as you have so eloquently pointed out.

14. lbckid19

lbckid19

i obvioulsy wasnt aware of these laws, but have to say i understand why they were implemented in the first place. for all those people wanting to OC into a public place where you know people wont be fond of it, Stop, put on a shirt that says look at me im a giant douch bag, and go about your day, cause thats how people are going to look at you. not that you care

15. LEAD

LEAD

He's never heard of target shooting.

16. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I think they are open carrying because they can't get a permit for concealed carry. They can't get a permit because their county/state is anti-gun.

But if this was an ideal world and CCW was shall issue nationally, would we as a society want to also allow open carry?

I think some people open carry because they want a world where people are not afraid of guns. And because it is their Constitutional right.

There has to be a way to distinguish between carrying a gun, and threatening with a gun. As long as the line is known and clear, then I don't have a problem with open carry.

Open carry a long gun if you want. But, again, somehow there has to be a clear line between threatening and just carrying. Don't point it at anyone, not even for a sweep.

17. Oramac

Oramac

there is! its called Brandishing. same as in CCW. if your shirt rides up and your gun is suddenly visible, guess what, now you're OCing. that has been deemed NOT a threat countless times. conversely, brandishing a gun is considered a threat, however one must have drawn the gun to even be considered brandishing.

therefore, a holstered sidearm is not threatening (according to most law, etc) and a drawn weapon is threatening.

so the line is already there. those who want to OC and stay on the non-threatening side of the line should be able to do so, especially without the ire of the pro-gun rights people, such as those on this site.

18. lbckid19

lbckid19

good point, however you cannot ignore culture and how the majority of people view someone walking around with a firearm on their side. i know what your saying about distinguishing a line between carrying and threatening, but i dont think the mojority look at it like that. They say "wow this man has a gun, why does he need that he could kill someone." Now to you or me, we may not see it like that but i think most people do, and you just cant ignore that. I know i know its your constitutional right, but its not the wild west anymore, times have changed.

please dont get confused about my posts. Im pro gun, i just think some take it too far, and its those people who will ruin it for everyone

19. Oramac

Oramac

i agree some take it too far. OCing an AR15 is probably a bad idea. but bowing to society's wishes because you dont want to offend them is worse, imo. you CANNOT change views for the better if you do not address the thoughts of another. OC is one way to do that. whether or not its the best way is a whole nother thread. but the point is, you're right about people's perceptions. you're wrong (imo) about how to change them (if you even want to).

20. lbckid19

lbckid19

killercamero, you are a man of reason. I thank you for a good debate rather than the drunken, hillbilly, "HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS!" approach that i usually get