close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hi Caps FS at Jax?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by truckcop, Jan 5, 2005.

1. truckcop

truckcop

Anyone know if someone is going to be selling new hi-cap mags at the Jax match?

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The last GSSF matches since Conyers, Glock was selling the hi-caps for $20.00 each!

Dan:cool:

3. njl

njl

Speaking of high caps, I should have some G18 mags by that time. I was thinking today it'd be funny as hell to shoot subcompact with 33 round mags.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, it would be real funny, since you are only alowed to load 11 rounds in a mag.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

At the very least you'd find some uneducated soul to complain because you had "too many rounds in your gun." I'm betting there would be some major league pooching going on if you used them. ;f

6. njl

njl

I've used G17 hicaps before (to supplement my supply of 10-rounders) at GSSF. I just didn't fill them all the way.

I was just thinking though, if I filled the G33 mags, I could probably do all 4 strings of Glock the Plates without a mag change, and obviously all 3 strings of the other stages would fit in single mags. Maybe GSSF should supply us all (at least the 9mm shooters) with 3 G18 mags per category shot :) Think about how much time it'd save if we didn't have to wait for any mag changes or mag reloads.

What's pooching?

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Jon, you've lived a sheltered life. :) It's when the bottom lip goes out, the whining and crying start about how you get, put the appropriate phrase here. In your case it would be the added advantage of weight, capacity, you thought of it and they didn't. Will you have an advantage? No, but that never stops the criers! ;f

8. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

9. njl

njl

But they didn't have G18 mags last I checked. Mine from Natchez arrived Friday night. I have enough of them that I could shoot the entire match with G18 mags (in both the 17 and 26) without filling them to more than 10 rounds. Of course, I would have to reload them between each different stage. I didn't buy THAT many.