Hi cap Magazine Ban

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by The Viking, Sep 15, 2020.

1. skyfall

skyfall

I have several 24 & 33 rd. mags. already,but I always check inventory to find out current price and availability.

Maccabeus likes this.
  2. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Dont see this happening. California banned mags now thats over

3. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I have maybe 8 of the 33 round. Great for in the car gun

Bob S. and Bus007 like this.
  4. sonoma

sonoma

The sheriff in the county i live in signed an anti red flag law last year.I shoot with him on occasion and he told me as long as i am in the county to carry all the 17 round mags i want.If i go into the another county to carry a 10 round mag if biden gets elected.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  5. Bus007

Bus007

My car gun (when I go to town) is a G19, loaded 19+1 with 4 33 round mags close by.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  6. chuck73080

chuck73080

Hmmm, my 10mm 1911 has 16 and 18rd mags, I live in OK, I have 9 more years on my SDA (Self Defense Act/CCW), I'm 68 years old and never been arrested or spent a night in jail. Federal authorities have much bigger fish to fry than I. They may turn me into a criminal, until then I will follow life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

At this point, magazine capacity is a state matter, I don't think an executive order would fly. If Joe Biden is dumb enough to promote this anti gun agenda, while law abiding voters, many from blue states, are driving gun and ammunition sales records, driven by the desire to protect their families from liberal administrations that have run amok, then we may see a major shift to the right.

Mohawk Grenade likes this.
  7. banger

banger

I read the words you typed.

And, they make sense.... until to remember that they have done it before.

The AWB of 1994 took place, with no ill effect to the Democratic Party.

Did it stop the nation from re-electing Bill Clinton or electing Barrack Obama?

Do you believe that Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Beto O'rourk, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Warren Wilhelm AKA, Bill DeBlasio, and Michael Bloomberg etc, will back off, now that they have victory in sight?

This is exactly the time they will press forward.

GlockyQ likes this.
  8. chuck73080

chuck73080

This is not 1994, the "People" have seen a glimpse of modern era Democratic policy, allowing cities to burn and tying the hands of police, refusing to prosecute criminals committing acts of terrorism, while they continue destroying the once beautiful cities that are victims of mismanagement.

9. Intolerant

Intolerant

If this ever makes it to SCOTUS, everybody better start praying real hard that they rule in favor of gun owners. I dont have any faith that SCOTUS will. There`s already 2 places trying hard, 2nd & 9th circuit to ban any mags over 10rds. If you think they will be grandfathered... HAHAHAHA! Yeah right! Good luck with that.

If we lose this mag ban BS in the SCOTUS, it sets the precedent for the whole country to rain down on mags to become 10rd nationwide. Think it can`t happen? I beg to differ. These DC suits dont give a rats ass about the people in this country. They just lie to get your votes.

Never say never, it CAN happen in your state, anytime, anywhere. (example; NYS neutered)
    Folks better be buying NOW if they want those "STANDARD CAPACITY" mags.

10. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I pretty much carry my G48 or my G30S depending on how I'm dressed. I do carry the G48 with 15 rd magazines but would switch to 10 rounders and still carry it when appropriate.

I like .45 acp but I'm OK with 9mm as well.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  11. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

You always do and always will see a run on the good stuff every Effingham time there's a chance for a democrat to be in charge. I say we end this once and for all. Why is it that no politician comes out on the record explaining in detail what the people who demand freedom will do when the unconstitutional gun grabbing takes place? If it wasn't for democrats there'd be no need for the NRA

12. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

13. ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

14. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    No high cap mags here, they are all standard capacity. ;)

Jan R Whitaker likes this.
  15. KenB22

KenB22

what town do you live in-Mogadishu??

Bus007, banger and IAhunter like this.
  16. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

Right now, Portland, Seattle, Kenosha, Rochester, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, New York City, St. Louis, Minneapolis and other cities fully qualify as Mogadishu.

17. Rock2411

Rock2411

The platform of the left is a ban. Biden has told us he wants another AWB and with no grandfathering. Right now the Country is printing $ because of covid. The far left will print more to "compensate" us for our standard capacity magazines being turned in. Ed Markey in MASS recently said he wants to ban LE from having "weapons of war". The MASS State Police issue the M&P 45 with ten round magazines. Imagine going to the SJC in MA and arguing how you need a 15 rd magazine and the AG/DA brings up that the State Police don't need anymore than 10 rds.

18. hurley842002

hurley842002

Precisely why I picked up a G43x, when I'm home in my free state of AZ I carry the 15 round mags, when I have to cross over into CA to visit my wife's family, I just bring the 10rd mags, perfect setup really.

19. gregory11

gregory11

-----------------------------------
    Sounds like you've been contemplating different methods of surrender.

taurn88 and Mohawk Grenade like this.
  20. hd67xlch

hd67xlch

I’m trying to find the bright side of a ban of all semi auto pistols or a 7 round magazine max, there is only one thing I can come up with.

I’ll get to start carrying some of my revolvers, and get to start buying new holsters that end up in a drawer. GL to all