GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
1,069 Posts
Our liberal betters....people who work in the noble profession of journalism and acting, and are supposed to keep us informed and entertained:
Are these people being deliberately obtuse? No one can be this damn dumb.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Our liberal betters....people who work in the noble profession of journalism and acting, and are supposed to keep us informed and entertained:

God help us.

Well, if this is truly representative of the majority of Americans, I say bring on Biden, Harris & canned sunshine from China, and put us the heck out of our misery already.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,631 Posts
FWIW: Along the US Mexico border, when reffering to human smugglers, the "e" in coyote is pronounced as a light "a" making conversation much easier when discussing the coyote that attacked the coyote.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
We really need to institute a basic IQ test before voter registration.
I pose this to democRAT politicians: Make a law that allows voting without presenting identification (that's racist, remember?) in exchange for requiring a basic IQ test and basic government test of anyone wanting to vote. Not too much to ask IMO.

DemocRATs would never go for that one.

·
Registered
27,184 Posts
Sometimes I've wondered if people have become increasingly less interested in staying informed and knowledgeable about current events and relevant topics ... as their phones have become increasingly "smarter".

That certainly hasn't stopped many of them from revealing the scope and depth of their knowledge by proudly broadcasting opinions, though.

·
Mentally Frozen
24,770 Posts

·
Registered
55,351 Posts
Sometimes I've wondered if people have become increasingly less interested in staying informed and knowledgeable about current events and relevant topics ... as their phones have become increasingly "smarter".

That certainly hasn't stopped many of them from revealing the scope and depth of their knowledge by proudly broadcasting opinions, though.
I think you make a very good point.

I have a friend who is the tech lead for a team of millennials (and younger). He says they're a pretty uniformly cocky and self-satisfied lot.

When a technical issue arises, one or the other of them will tap-tap through their cell phone and come up with a solution. It may very well be the right solution. Other times, it might be a technical solution, but not the right one (e.g., it may not conform to corporate standards, or some other restriction).

He is constantly being approached by these younger people as to why they're not paid as much as so-and-so, who is 20 years their senior. Since they have the requisite knowledge at the tips of their fingers, they don't see why they aren't paid the same amount. They have no concept of learning and growing through experience.

I found that an interesting observation on my friend's part. :)

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
41 - 60 of 88 Posts