Glock Talk banner
181 - 200 of 304 Posts
what i'm doing till this happens is using the 30cal sabots with a 40gr bullet in cz52 762x25 cartridge

2100fps with non max load

Yeah, yeah, yeah, bleah, bleah, bleah, boz this, boz that, that ad is a bunch of crap.

...but, to better answer your question, it appears our guy who was to do his part has not been able to "do his part" (for whatever reason)... and so... we need to find someone who CAN...

We have not failed... yet! :supergrin:

...so... any relatively ambitious takers out there with the where-with-all to "follow thru" in making a sabot?

Can we have a drum roll, please...

MCNETT is now ON IT! God Bless him!!!

:supergrin:

Stay tuned, people...

Dang! That's as good as done then.

Btw...so far so good on the new agrip. I think I got it stuck down good this time cause I used most of a can of brake pad cleaner getting the frame degreased. Its just extra special when its new and fuzzy.

Originally posted by Kaliburz
But I thought the Boz round was priapismic.... how in the name of Earth did somone "make dies"....

There, fixed it for you.:supergrin:

Greetings all, I did this project back in the early 90s and the secret is to use 10mm Magnum brass which has a length of 1.250.

The longer brass gives room for the bottle neck and powder capacity.

I wrote it up on the olde AmmoLab forums and not long after, the Brits borrowed my idea.

Will the 1:15.75" twist of the 10mm Glock barrel be sufficient to stabilize
a 55 grain .223 bullet?

Sounds like a fun project.

I loaded sabots in a revolver a couple of years ago.

Shooting .44 and 9mm slugs from a S&W 500 magnum was a riot.

Virtually no recoil, but still good velocities.

(the best part about that was the sabots for a .50 caliber firearm are
readily available at any store that cators to muzzle loaders)

Will the 1:15.75" twist of the 10mm Glock barrel be sufficient to stabilize
a 55 grain .223 bullet?
I seriously doubt it. 1/12" would probably work. Not sure how the added length of the sabot, and its departure in flight are going to effect the stability of the bullet.

When fired from .308 type barrels, typically the twist rate is 1/10", or 1/12". I suspect about the same would be necessary for this application.

Not that I ever expect to see it gain widespread use.

this is actually an interesting thread. if i still had that jewelers lathe that is at my dad's house now i would have to try it myself with some custom machined sabbots. i would be real interested to see the numbers on it.

Keep us informed guys

Well darn! I erad all the way through this thread from god knows when in 2000 to find that it ends with no results on the 8th page?? What needs to be done, I was so excited to get to the end and see what happened! I am so very dissapointed right now!

181 - 200 of 304 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.