close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Ron Paul fans, did you see his tweet about Chris Kyle?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cowboy1964, Feb 4, 2013.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

The U.S. today is basically a Fascist nation. It really isn't even debatable anymore. A few more clicks and we're there. Will war end us?

2. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Seeing a lot of this here.:rofl:

[​IMG]

3. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Financially, maybe.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. Syclone538

Syclone538

Don't forget, war wasn't needed to end slavery in most countries.
    quan lot nam cao cap do ngu nu do dung cho me truoc sau sinh vay lien cong so nu ban buon cho thue trang phuc da hoi
    And what about WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles, maybe that had something to do with the rise of the nazis.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You know what's funny, I've been trading oil. Today I commented to my partner that I now understand why the middle east is perpetually unstable and why wars are fought because I would have liked to see one start in the ME about 11am today.

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I think Paul was very off in the last week or so. I also think we could have saved TONS of money if we were energy independent. The Japanese model showed us how to change a bloodthirsty warrior society with a deity as a leader into a bunch of polite businessmen. Cheap and effective aren't necessarily opposing forces. Too cheap on foreign policy might end up costing more in the future.

It's all a gamble. I think it's sad, but I don't believe a Ron Paul foreign policy is realistically possible of success. You can have twice the submarines we have now, and we would still be vulnerable to the ill will of others, simply by existing.

Trust me in this one thing, because I promise you it is true to a level that most will never realize. No one hopes for peace more than a warrior.

7. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Has any other place fought a war to end slavery?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Syclone538

Syclone538

9. Cavalry Doc

You need to get around more. In certain places, they have ended.

I'm not really proposing using nukes. But that is war on the cheap. No war would be preferential, but in human history, conflict will happen. It is inevitable. Some cultures are jealous, some cultures are charged by their own predicted destiny to rule the world. You can't be nice enough to avoid conflict with that without surrendering every liberty the constitution protects.

Like it or not, peace is a laudable goal that we should constantly reach for, work toward, and strive to protect, and one that we will never achieve. Human nature will not allow it to exist except for short periods of time. When bitten by an animal, petting it back does not always allow you to keep your hands, let alone survive. Even petting it first doesn't always preclude the initial bite.

10. Cavalry Doc

11. Cavalry Doc

If you use the model of WWI and WWII, beating your enemy back to the point of a cease fire vs. unconditional seems to be the difference.

12. Syclone538

Syclone538

13. Cavalry Doc

The Armistice signed on 11 Nov 1918 ended the fighting, the Treaty of Versailles was signed about 6 months later after many negotiations. It was violated many times. The league of nations wasn't all that effective in stopping that, much like the UN today. Occupation was limited to 15 years.

14. Syclone538

Syclone538

15. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

That's the problem, you don't get it. There's more to being pro-liberty than simply being pro-dope. Throw away that crutch and you'll be surprized what all it entails. :supergrin:

Who are you trying to kid...? Fundamentally, all RP wanted from the Arabs was campaign contributions, and his Arab supporters wanted a "Blame America First" candidate. In the context of "politics makes strange bedfellows", it was match made in heaven. :rofl:

16. Cavalry Doc

At the time, many thought it to harsh and many thought it too weak at the same time. In retrospect, it didn't work out so well.

17. Cavalry Doc

I've come to respect CF, he's not one of the pothead college kids for Ron. He was strictly on the liberty side of things, and not an extremist on the foreign policy thing. Not my place to say this, but since I've already but my nose in, you all should listen to one another, you agree more than you think you do.

I'm about as pro military as they come, but the DoD could use an overhaul, it could be smaller, leaner and more lethal at the same time. We are broke. We can't do nation building anymore. We can have carrier groups out there, air superiority fighters, and very well trained and equipped ground forces. The next fight we get into though, we should just destroy them in place and leave them, let the neighbors pick the carcass clean.
    It's not as nice, but it is cheaper.

18. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Clear on that, Doc. Thanks.

19. QNman

QNman Old timer

The pieces are being assembled, no doubt. And at such a pace, and with such small steps, so as not to startle the majority. I don't know if we're almost there or not, but I personally believe we passed the midway marker.

20. QNman

QNman Old timer

:rofl:

That's funny right there!