close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey, maybe...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Boox, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Boox

Boox Just a Grump

The admin could start a separate forum just for all you guys and gals who wanna complain about how bad your Glock is, especially one headed BTF or something...I personally don't see the need for everybody to start a new whine### thread CUZ THEY GOT HIT IN THE HEAD A FEW TIMES...get over it...
    I haven't had my Gen 3 23 for 4 months yet, it was 10 years old when I got it, put in a new spring and a flat faced trigger assembly, has over 2000 rounds thru it since then and not one...repeat, not one malfunction. And I even cleaned it once.

I also think there needs to be a separate forum for all of you who want somebody else to tell you what model you're gonna get...Hey....you're buying a tool, a hunk of plastic and some metal, go try one and see if you like it...if you don't try something else...If you don't know what you want in a handgun, how the blazes is somebody else gonna be able to tell you...Worse comes to worst...buy one, shoot it, if you don't like it, sell it and buy something different. Repeat as often as needed.
    What's not to like???

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

A Few people eating brass, wow its the end of the world, u eat that brass, and u better ask for more magget.:deadhorse:

3. wrecks24

wrecks24

Gotta say that I agree, then maybe all of the BTF threads could be compiled together and sent to Glock!

4. Adamz04

Adamz04

I agree as well. I mostly pass over general glocking anymore, I'm so sick of extracter this and ejector that. Make the BTF a sticky or something, it's just clogging everything up. I understand that if you have a problem you should be able to ask a question, but enough with the ejection threads.

Do a search and talk about it on an existing one or something.

5. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

I have to agree... The spam of BTF/FTE threads is getting old.

6. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

I just got hit in the face with a brass pole while reading this! DAMN YOU CURTAINS! im gonna sue and whine and moan until something is done!...............:)

7. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Hg r g. Nc ih um obj,mwdav

8. PlasticFan

PlasticFan

Yep. That would be a good way for the OP to stick his head in the sand. Or, you could just count yourself lucky that you haven't had problems with your Glocks, & maybe sympathize & empathize with your fellow Glockers that are having problems.

9. Wawrz

Wawrz

I agree with the OP. The gen 4 gen 3 btf... erratic ejections threads are getting old. :whistling: It's like that mental disorder where people look up diseases and symptoms online and start to think they have those symptoms and disease(hypochondriac I think it is?) well I think it may be the same thing for glock owners and the more they read they start to believe their glock is having problems even after they know they have been problem free. Now I know some people do have legit problematic glocks but these constant threads might lead to people thinking all gen 4 glocks have problems or all recent production gen 3 glocks are garbage.

10. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Here's something, maybe when the problem is fixed, the threads will go away?

11. mongo356

mongo356

+5

I have a new Glock problem to start.

When I drop the mag from my gun the empty mag hits me in the big toe. Now what if I have a serious gunfight problem and I am trying to get to cover and this mag trips me up and I eat pavement?

Just that thought alone sends chills up my computer screen.... oops I mean spine.

I think we should band together and demand Glock recall all malfunctioning pistols and we should get new guns and money for our trouble, yep lots of money that will make me sleep better at night knowing I....ooops again, I mean we stuck it to a large company like Glock

The above should be taken in jest.

OP- your right, there are legit problems then there is what General Glocking has turned into, makes me sick to hear/read what the future gun culture may turn into.

12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

You know their was a day when their were no BTF,BTH,FTF,FTE,FTE,none of it,thankfully I have three of those Glocks. The thing they all have in common is they were all made prior to 2006,back when Glock was renown for drop dead reliable guns.
    Oh they all share one fault they just keep eating and shooting round after round after round. SJ 40

13. Boox

Boox Just a Grump

Yo, plasticfan, why should I stick my head in the sand, I've been shooting guns of many different configurations for 50+years. Some worked good, some didn't. If I liked the gun, I fixed it or got it fixed. If I didn't especially like the gun, it went away and was replaced with something else. There are still about 40 of them laying around the homestead and I'm pretty happy with all of 'em.
    I fought the plastic revolution for a bunch of years, finally tried a couple of different iterations, not Glock, and found this G23. If I buy a gun and I like it, I make it mine in some fashion. If it needs some work, I get it fixed if I can't figure it out. I don't whine about it in public, I don't blame the manufacturer, I just get it fixed, or in the case where I don't feel really good about it, it goes away. Just sayin'...

14. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

That would be like telling people don't complain about Ford on a Ford message board. People buy a Glock because of the reputation and then get pelted in the face and want to know why. Many people use them for personal protection. They don't want to take themselves out as well as the person causing them harm. Do you wear shooting glasses when walking down the street?

15. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

And I have my ear plugs in at all times too! :tease:

Can't be to safe^^

16. mongo356

mongo356

Who hoo

day two this thread died & more awesome ejection threads

17. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Sometimes reality trumps over what we wish.
    It would be truly great if even 95% of every new Glock sold functioned 95% out of the box but as it is that's not the reality,rite now,we can hope. SJ 40

18. Rustin

Rustin

I'm sick of the whiners, get em' outta here!

Let's talk about Glock's here, Glock "problem's" and real problems in another forum PLEASE!

19. Ya_Huckleberry

Ya_Huckleberry

I think the OP is just frustrated with the multitude of BTF threads. Its not like it isnt a known issue. We all know it happens. Why create another thread about it? That is what he is saying and even as new as I am to the forum, I have seen a lot of it and just skip on by them as I think "another one"

20. bac1023

bac1023

We have a winner. The problems should be said right here in General Glocking for everyone to see.

GLOCK caused this problem.

It wasn't caused by the increasing number of poor members who bought a less than perfect pistol.