close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Jack

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Mar 20, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD

Hey, how's it going? Haven't heard from you in a while since you changed workout routines.

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Hey Brad, thanks for thinking about me.

Everything seems to be going well. I really like rowing. Currently I'm concentrating more on strength training than OLing.

I'm taking the week off of work to watch my kids during spring break. It's no break for them though, I'm having them help me with yard work. About 4 hours daily.

What's up with you? How's the baby? How's your shoulder. What are your workouts looking like now?

Jack

3. DBradD

DBradD

Cool. I'm glad you like your new C2. I might get one of those someday.

e is still eating at about 3 hours o.c., so there's no good sleep to be had around here. I'm neck deep in my dissertation proposal and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm doing some pullups and pushups now. I don't have any pain during them. If I hold my arm a certain way and internally rotate it very far, I can still feel some pain, so it's not completely better.

I'm loosely following RE's NG schedule. I try to do a couple of strength workouts per week and do conditioning on the others. For lower body strength, I'm trying to work my way into pistols, but not there yet. Pullups for upper body pulling, pushups for upper body pushing, etc. Conditioning workouts are typical Metcon-looking things like rounds of pushups, situps, squats; jumping rope, tabata squats, burpee races, etc.

I really like NG and wish I could follow his sample 50 day program. It's very CF-like, but is less random and requires almost no equipment. It has too much shoulder stuff for me at the moment, so maybe later. It reminds me of CF, but with more structure. Perhaps "more apparent structure" might be better because CF might have structure, but it's not obvious from the WOD order. He explicitly goes into things like explosive strength, max strength, etc.

4. Jack Walcott

Jack Walcott

Brad, Whats the RE NG workout? thanks, jack

5. DBradD

DBradD

I recently bought and finished Ross Enamait's Never Gymless. It's all about how to create an overall fitness program using almost no equipment. He has a 50 day sample program in the book. It's very CF-like, a mixture of conditioning and strength workouts. I really think it's great, but my shoulder has started aching again, every so often, so I don't think I can do the sample program.

6. Jack Walcott

Jack Walcott

Thanks. Didn't understand the acronym. I am doing "power bodybuilding" right now. At least I think that's what it is. Compound movements in a bodybuilding type split. One martial arts day where I work techniques on the heavy bag. It helps with my conditioning too. I can also substitute my "leg day" (squats, DLs, etc) for a Strongman Day where I do trap bar deadlifts, keg carry, farmers walk, log press, etc. Its a lot of fun and a good way to mix up the training. I am doing about 3 x per week.

I know about shoulder problems. Have you tried the Wharton's stretch book? Lots of good shoulder stretches in there. Also, naproxen...works for me.

7. DBradD

DBradD

Never heard of it and will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

8. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Hi Jack.

Hey Jack.

Hello Brad.

Brad:animlol:

9. DBradD

DBradD

:wavey: :wavey: