close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Glock! A new idea for the New Year?!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Warrior2k3, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Warrior2k3

Warrior2k3 Protector

Well, this may not be new but I think it's a good idea. As much as I like lots of ammo in a gun, a single stack 10mm such as the Glock 36 in .45 ACP would be a good idea. This would give the smaller hands people access to the 10mm and assist in CCW. Should be a mag with 7 rds. and one in the chamber. Total 8 rds. Enough power to handle just about anything you might encounter. If not, you really shouldn't be there.

What does everyone think?

2. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I have never handled a G36 so I am not really sure what to think, but...... Anytime they are chambering a new gun in 10mm, you have my vote on it!:)

3. BoomerG20

BoomerG20

I own a 36 and a 29. I like the 29 better (louder bang, more recoil, more muzzle flash, etc) but...........(I hate to admit it)......... the slimmer grip of the 36 fits my hands better. If glock came out with a single stack 10mm I would definitely buy one. Great idea!!

BoomerG20

4. MIB

MIB

I too think this is a good idea, merely for the purposes of concealment and comfort for those of us under 200 lbs. I have a 29 on order right now but I'm always willing to add to my collection.;f

5. rekcolg

rekcolg

Anyone know if anyone makes a 10mm barrel for a G36?

6. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

It would take more than just a barrel to convert a G36 to 10mm... I mentioned this shortly after the G36 came out. I figured it was in the works but maybe they were disappointed by the overall sales of the .45 so they never released the 10mm variant.
    I love all my 10mm's, and I would definately have a place for a single-stack 10mm polymer gun for CCW...

7. rekcolg

rekcolg

Bambihunter,
    What else do you figure it would take? Heavier recoil spring? Extractor? I'll bet the .45 mag would work with little or no feed lip modification. Being about the size of my G19 it would probably be a handful to shoot (but wouldn't it hide great!). By the time you put all the work and $ into it you could probably get a G20. Oh well.

8. Ron3

Ron3

A slim-line single stack .45 was what everybody wanted Glock to make.

But they got cocky and tried to push a new caliber in a gun that could have been thinner instead.

They'll pay for that with wasted research dollars and poor sales.

They can still fix the wrong by making an eight + one slimline full-size .45ACP.

A 10mm version would need a grip that could accomadate the longer round and probobly wouldn't be worth it. But they'd sell tons of slim-line full-size Glock 45acp's.

Ron3

9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Smith didn't have to switch frames to chamber a 10mm, they just put it in their .45 ACP frame lineup, I don't think they would have to make anything any different if they made the .45 too.

10. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

I don't remember the list, but it would most likely need all the same parts that are required to convert a G21 into a G20 (too much for an end-user to logically be worth doing).
    I'm also not sure if the magwell length is long enough to accomodate the longer 10mm auto cartridge.

11. Belgian Blue

Belgian Blue

A single stack Glock would be a good idea.

I'd really like Glock to offer a G20LS (Long Slide) with a 6" barrel. If not, it would be a nice New Year's present to have a 6" slide for the G20 from Caspian.

Belgian Blue