Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this thread in the COVID-19 subforum, but I figured that I would receive more replies here.

Hexol contains 57.2% pine oil, much higher content of pine oil than the old Pine-Sol.

Dettol contains 4.8% Chloroxlenol, of which I know nothing about.

I understand that Dettol is a standard British antiseptic/cleanser.
7F84C603-C7BA-498B-9776-DCF6A6E92C59.jpeg

Which of the two are better for mopping kitchen and bathroom floors?

I have several bottles of each.

·
Banned
157 Posts
"Hexol Versus Dettol!"

Sounds like something John Wilkes Booth would have shouted, right after giving Abe that terrible migraine, then jumping down on stage.

Reactions: OV1kenobi

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
"Hexol Versus Dettol!"

Sounds like something John Wilkes Booth would have shouted, right after giving Abe that terrible migraine, then jumping down on stage.

In a perverse way, I get it.

“Sic Semper Hexolis!”

“Sic Semper Dettolis!”

Meanwhile, back to my question......

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Chloroxylenol is a phenolic [carbolic acid type] compound used as an antiseptic. It is likely more of a bacteriostatic compound than a bactericide much like the original Lysol [ortho phenyl phenol].

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Scrubbed my face, head, neck, behind ears, etc with some Dettol bar soap as soon as I got home from work every day this week. Was glorious. Under normal circumstances, use sparingly because if will nuke any and all bacteria. Also it’s poisonous to cats. Haven’t used any of the concentrate yet, worried if it could also be toxic for my small dogs that live inside with us.

·
Just some guy
627 Posts
Any of the oil based cleaners will leave a build-up on the floors. Between the two I’d use the Dettol if your goal is disinfecting. For general cleaning just use ammonia and water. I assume we’re talking about ceramic or vinyl floors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts