close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

He's BAAAAAACCKK!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by oem3105, Feb 10, 2010.

1. oem3105

oem3105

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...n+TN+park+sues++says+ranger+s+treatment+harsh
    I am afraid that there will be more anti-Second Amendment laws passed in the near future because this individual wants to prove his point.

By the way, I can't help but wonder if he painted the tiop of his blackpowder pistol orange?!?!?

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Like I've said before, if you follow the exploits of Mr. Embody, it is all about Mr. Embody with the end result being a payday for him.

If this does not go as he wants, one wonders what he'll plan next.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

This is one instance where I wish prosecutors could find a loophole. This guy is an even bigger embarrassment than the clown in Michigan.

When this idiot gets paid, because he probably will, its going to inspire more idiots to do stuff like this, etc.. I have other thoughts on the matter, but I'll refrain for now.

IGF

4. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

I think it more about his choice of weapon then anything! If he had been carying a normal pistol I'd bet he wouldn't be getting all the attention! AK pistol now we're talking about a useless firearm! Thats like CCing a S&W 500!:rofl:

5. RussP

He carried a .44 S&W and was not getting the attention he wanted, that fact by his own admission.

Carrying a large frame revolver OWB and not getting a reaction is what discreet open carry is all about. That is how one desensitizes others regarding people carrying firearms. That's one in the win column for firearms owners.

6. RussP

Anyone know how to obtain the actually filed document?

7. J_Rico

J_Rico

This guy is a wet dream for the Brady Bunch.

I am just about paranoid enough to wonder if the BB is bankrolling this individual.

8. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I am very pro gun but I have to say it "Idiot With A Gun".

9. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Like I have said before...

It's not about what we are fighting for, it's how we are fighting it.

One person, who is pro-gun, acting the way this person is...Sullies ALL gun owners because that is the way ALL gun owners are perceived.

Who cares how you carry, but carry the weapon for the purpose it is meant for. Not to make a political statement that will in fact cause us to have more restrictions. It's unfortunate that there are people out there who forget that we are fighting for our Constitutional Rights as apposed to trying to make it a payday.

I am glad (This is MY personal opinion so don't take it to heart anyone) that I stopped hanging with the gun owners I was with. I am glad I stopped with the whole OC movement (Again, this is ME) and didn't progress with the others. I can name quite a few people who have been arrested/detained and have been to court just for a payday. Of course, those are the same people who were standing shoulder to shoulder with us saying it's all about our rights. Then of course they turn around and try to figure out what will pay more...

I like what you said Russ...

This is how I perceive it is well. I agree with your post. I just wish there were more people out there with a level head.

10. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

"On Jan. 23, Belle Meade police responding to a phone call about a man carrying a gun in public found Embody walking down Belle Meade Boulevard with a black-powder pistol in his hand."

So he was carrying an AK pistol on a sling moving it from "back carry" to "front carry" (similar to military patrol ?), and he is carrying a unholstered pistol in his hand, for no particular purpose, just when does this become illegal brandishing?

11. RussP

Actually, the code in Belle Meade prohibits carry other than of a certain revolver held in the hand.

12. J_Rico

J_Rico

He does have a purpose. The purpose he stated in public forum posts was to get the police to violate his rights so he could sue and make money.

13. PeteCamp

PeteCamp

I might be wrong about local laws there, but federally, black powder weapons are not considered firearms. You may go to Cabelas or some place and order a BP revolver delivered to your door. No NICS, no papers, no federal anything.

BTW In now way consider this support for this idiot.

14. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  15. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

This guy is a Idiot. here is the vid of that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_G2BLaQM6c

16. RussP

He posted to another forum...

Attached Files:

17. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    It will be thrown out in short order.

18. RussP

But why sue an individual instead of someone with deeper pockets? Might it be...

19. ShamGlock

ShamGlock

This. The man is a completely selfish *****hole. He is doing this only to try and sue. He was only even detained longer because he requested a supervisor. This man is not a 2nd Ammendment advocate. He is a low life money grubbing piece of garbage that is going to undo all the progress the state of Tennessee has made. I hope they throw this out and he doesn't see a dime.

20. J_Rico

J_Rico

?

I am not sure what you are asking. My guess is he hopes to sue any police department that looks at him crossways and whatever governing body (city, state) may be behind that department.

ETA: Oh, I see. He filed suit against an individual. I have no explanation for that. Perhaps there is some point of law which I do not understand or perhaps all the evidence is true and he is an idiot?