Herter's Brand Ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by NavDoc, Mar 6, 2010.

1. NavDoc

NavDoc Guest

Cabela's has a brand of ammo called Herter's. Has anyone shot this stuff? Thanks.

2. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Currently the steel cased ammo is being made by Tula Cartridge Works of Russia, the same factory that makes the Wolf Performance ammo. The brass cased .380 ammo is made by PT. Pindad of Indonesia.

Tula is decent blasting fodder, though I have no idea of what quality the Indoneasian stuff is.

3. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

I bought 4 boxes of Herters .380 95gr FMJ for punching holes in paper at Cabelas a couple of months ago because it was so cheap. (I will try anything that is inexpensive for paper punching.) Here in Illinois .380 is somewhat hard to find. A week later I went to the range and used it in my Ruger LCP.

I had no problems with the ammo. No failures to feed, magazine jams or any other problems of any sort. It was every bit as good for punching holes in paper as any othe brand that I have used.

Have previously used Winschester Target loads, Fiocchi and Rem Golden Sabers all of which have given me no problems in my Ruger LCP.