close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hero

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glockdoc21, Sep 19, 2012.

1. glockdoc21

glockdoc21

Is anyone alse tired of hearing this or think that this is an overused term nowadays? I think that hero should be someone who goes out of their way or performs an extraordinary task to help someone who canl't help themselves. I see teachers, LEO, military, firefighters, paramedics etc all called heroes. While they may perform a service that is valuable to society, so does a mortgage broker. How about sanitation? If the trash didn't get emptied for a week, NYC would look like Somalia. How about truck drivers that deliver food to wal-mart? Anyone of the "modern heroes" do what they do for money (like everyone else). Even the "high speed" military guys put their lives on the line because if affords them the opportunity to do REALLY cool stuff that lots of other people pay dearly for (freefall parachute training, SCUBA, firearms education and near unlimited use of civilian-restricted weapons). I APPRECIATE what these people do, but to me comparing them to a stranger that pulls someone from a burning car is a stretch.

2. Phaze5ive

Phaze5ive

Yea, a lot of people confuse heroes with role models.

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    glockdoc21,

You're a Hero :hugs:

Feel better now?