Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 175 Posts
There is no +P standard in .380acp, and DT is about the same pressure as Corbon.

I recently put 107 DoubleTap's through my P3AT; still have the blister/scab to prove it, but the gun performed flawlessly. QA/QC on the second gen guns is way better than the first gen product. My current hard chrome 3AT has 298 rounds thru it, and has had exactly one failure-to-eject. This was towards the end of a range session where I had also put 100 rounds of HST through a PF-9. My hand was beat up, and I believe I limp-wristed the gun, causing the failure. Regardless I trust this P3AT, and the PF-9 which has almost 400 flawless rounds through it. Both are carried; the PF-9 is in my pocket as I type this.

Mike have you got any results for the 230 gr. wide flat nose , gas checked rounds, the 200 gr. Beartooth rounds and the 200 gr. FMJ flat nose rounds?

I'm not concerned about over penetration?:cool:

What is the standard of penetration for choosing a good SD round ? When I think about it, it doesn't seem like that many folks are more than 12" thick in the chest. Why on earth do you need 15"+ of penetration ?

I was going to get a G32 barrel for my G23, but I think I will just go with Mike's 135gr in my .40 :wow:
In a Sd situation there is a good chance that not every shot will be head on. Not every perp will come at you in that manner. If you are taking evasive action your first round may have to be on the side of the BG or you may be on the ground therefore requiring more penitration to hit a vital area in order to stop an attack. Real life is far different than the movies.

In a Sd situation there is a good chance that not every shot will be head on. Not every perp will come at you in that manner. If you are taking evasive action your first round may have to be on the side of the BG or you may be on the ground therefore requiring more penitration to hit a vital area in order to stop an attack. Real life is far different than the movies.
I wasn't thinking of it that way. Thank you, that makes a lot more sense.

Would the 200gr XTP's be bad choice for SD, or am I better off sticking with the 180's ?

I wasn't thinking of it that way. Thank you, that makes a lot more sense.

Would the 200gr XTP's be bad choice for SD, or am I better off sticking with the 180's ?
Both Great rounds nut the 200gr is used more for game. I prefer the 165gr GDHP 14.5 penitration 664ftlbs .88 expansion from g29 or the 135gr Nosler 12.5 penitration 684 ftlbs of energy and .75 expansion but this round does frag. Better SD rounds IMHO.

Any idea of what the 200gr Cast in both 10mm and .40 do in gel? I'd say they plow pretty deep.

Anyone know why Mike showed the .357 SIG gel results from a G32 (Compact model, 4" barrel) as compared to the 9mm +p results from a G17 (Standard model, 4.5" barrel)? What were the results from a G31 with 4.5" barrel? Were the rounds badly deformed in gel, and thus why you didn't show their results? Or you did you not have a G31 to test the .357 SIG out with at that time?

Hi--

_I just ordered from you a number of different 10mm rounds. Do you have penetration and expansion data on the 10MM_155GR_BRNS_X_20_500.aspx?

Thank you

I just ordered some DT 135gr Noslers JHP. I have just used up my DT 165gr Speer GD JHP. The purpose of my G20 is for self defense/home security. Which will be better? I am sold on Double Tap and thanks for any feedback.

Their lack of response must mean that Barnes did better than their flagship rounds.

Also, DT did not do well in a .380 test. I still carry their 10mm rounds for self defense, but it is not a good sign when they ignore repeated inquiries from multiple sources. Assume the worst.

I ordered some ammo in early February and left message for DT about the shipping. They were quick to ship but slow to respond. When I spoke to Mike he said that he had just had twins and that he was super busy just getting all the orders shipped. Bear with him I am sure he will be back to full capacity soon enough.

I ordered some ammo in early February and left message for DT about the shipping. They were quick to ship but slow to respond. When I spoke to Mike he said that he had just had twins and that he was super busy just getting all the orders shipped. Bear with him I am sure he will be back to full capacity soon enough.
:wow:

He sounded like he was *crazy* busy when I had some contact with him in Jan or Feb- (A small business owner loves to be busy, but it may mean you need to e-mail him a second time, and he doesn't have time for "**** chat" like he did occasionally a few years ago.) But now he's added twins to the mix?!? God bless him, and all the other folks who pull that off. Two wonderful boys spread out a few years keep me busy enough, let alone twins... :faint:

PS: LOL "C H I T" activates the naughty language filter!

101 - 120 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.