Glock Talk banner
61 - 80 of 175 Posts
no we are still waiting for resaults from mike for added ammunition and the 9mm selection, personally i would like to see a 3rd party do aditional testing to the new untested loadings, and for mike's self tested loads. iam not doubting mikes data,i just would like to see resaults from a non-partial party. in that testing i would like to see alot more additional barrier testing done, plain gel and denim are only half the story.

Mike,
I'm sure you're tired of this but... Please apply your talents to other calibers which are so in need. Personally, I'd like to see 450 SMC, 5.7x28 and .380 and .32 ACP loads from DT.

Keep up the great work,
Lee E. Murphy III

Originally posted by dclouse
the .40 penetrates farther, and expands more than the 10mm????
In that loading, yes. The 10mm w/ 135gr loadings are known to be more explosive. I think that if there was a 135gr bullet design that was DESIGNED for the 10mm it would be different.

Mike
Re the D.T. 215

I like the overall of the 215 your using now compared with the 200 B.T. Without pulling a bullet, it looks like you changed up the crimp groove location slightly.....if so, it was a good idea.

By the by, supposing what, around 21 inches penetration in Gel.,? Probably at least.

Running the numbers, I see no difference at all between this loading and 41 mag loads. Sectional density is slightly better with the 215 gr. D.T., over the 220gr. 41 Mag. bullet plus, velocity is right there with the 41 mag especially with the 6" Glock barrels....Unless I am missing something, I now have my old 41 mag back ! I always did miss my 41 mag., but no longer...

Thanks for working the combination out for the 215 load.

regards

Paul:) :) :)

Originally posted by badkarmaiii
Mike,
I'm sure you're tired of this but... Please apply your talents to other calibers which are so in need. Personally, I'd like to see 450 SMC, 5.7x28 and .380 and .32 ACP loads from DT.
...right after you get us some 9x23.

:clown:

Could someone that has a chrono, please post MV's for the DT 10mm loads when fired from a 6 inch aftermarket barrel? Just picked up a Stormlake and would be interested in what the increases were. Thanks:beer:

10mm4ever:

While I don't have any exact data, I have asked Mike McNett about the increase in velocity that could be expected with a 6" bbl. He said that for most of his loads the increase is about 100 fps and there is one load(I can't remember which one and I've since deleted the e-mail), that I think hops up 125-150 fps.

I know this is far from specific, but it's good for ballpark figuring.

Originally posted by Photocop
10mm4ever:

While I don't have any exact data, I have asked Mike McNett about the increase in velocity that could be expected with a 6" bbl. He said that for most of his loads the increase is about 100 fps and there is one load(I can't remember which one and I've since deleted the e-mail), that I think hops up 125-150 fps.

I know this is far from specific, but it's good for ballpark figuring.
I think you're spot on. The 200gr XTP's gain a little under 100 fps and the 135gr gain 100-150 fps as I recall.

Originally posted by MCNETT
From a G29 the 165gr GSHP went 15.0" and showed expansion to .84" The petals were folded further back on the bullet fired from the G20.
-Mike
I like the 180gr loads,would they pen/exp less or more from a G29?
MOHAA

Well, after shooting a couple boxes of Double Tap's 215gr WFNGC hardcast, it has become official. My woods gun, in 41mag, has been retired forever, for my hiking outings. My unofficial, unscienentific results were amazing. The penetration was GREAT. Mike, by the way, the word of this round, for black bear protection, must be spreading. Last thursday I was at my lower property line, and came up on a bear. I had your ammo, in my G20 on my hip. The bear took one look at me, and ran off just slightly under your 1225fps! :) :)

Originally posted by Redondo
Well, after shooting a couple boxes of Double Tap's 215gr WFNGC hardcast, it has become official. My woods gun, in 41mag, has been retired forever, for my hiking outings. My unofficial, unscienentific results were amazing. The penetration was GREAT. Mike, by the way, the word of this round, for black bear protection, must be spreading. Last thursday I was at my lower property line, and came up on a bear. I had your ammo, in my G20 on my hip. The bear took one look at me, and ran off just slightly under your 1225fps! :) :)
:supergrin:

61 - 80 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.