Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 175 Posts
Mike, thanks for the information.

It would appear that my choice would be the 135gr or the 165gr GD's. While the 165gr GD's offer more in the way of expansion, I'm wondering if the fragmented pieces of the 135gr HP would possibly create secondary wound channels. If so, perhaps the 11" of penetration would quite adequate.

In any case, either choice in my G20 or 1066 should be up to the job if ever required(and I hope it's NEVER required!). Again Mike, a big "Thank You" for everything you've done, not just for the 10mm community.

Frank

Thanks Mike McNett for the impressive data, which I also look forward to seeing on the 9mm when it's released on August 15, 2005.

The 200 gr XTP...........Have you done any testing against car doors, walls..........I think you did say 25 inches of pine board.
I've done some testing with 1 3/4" cinder block slabs and the 200gr XTP shed it's jacket 50% of the time above 1030fps.

I had one 230gr Golden Saber (.45acp) lose its jacket at 890fps but not all bullets were recovered. The 10mm is more spectacular when hitting a slab, but the .45acp does the same job. Both go through cinder block walls.

This week I plan on running the same test with 180gr Gold Dots and Golden Sabers 10mm. If there's time I'll run the same test with 185gr GS in .45acp.

I also have some .357mag Nosler 158gr that need to be used for comparison. :)

Adios,
Bob

41 - 60 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.