close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Henry mini bolt?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Nestor, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Hi :wavey:
    in less than 3 months I may be on the market for the mini rifle for my 7 years old daughter.
    Zosia is more and more interested in shooting in general and asking me often to take her with me to the range (she already has a membership there).
    I suggested that if she will be able to keep up with her good work at school I may consider to buy her first rifle.
    Today at the local gun show I came across Henry mini bolt and it seems like a nice platform to start with.
    Are you guys had any experience with this one before, or maybe I should buy some, other small rifle instead?
    I can't find much on the web...
    Thanks.

2. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

I bought a Minibolt for my daughter for her 5th birthday, she loves it. It is about the smallest rifle as you are going to find, but is still just a little big for her. The fiber optic sights are great for kids (I think) and the gun is accurate and fun to shoot. Very safe with the "plunger", it's still too stiff for her to do herself so it requires an adult to fire.

I started her with CB shorts which worked very well, sound a little louder than my pellet gun.

Henry is a fantastic company as wel, I bought mine used and the front sight had been broken (just the fiber insert) and I sent an email to henry and got a response from the president of the company the next day saying he would ship one no charge and thanking me for being a customer and introducing my kids into the shooting sports.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: balloons taped to a target worked great by the way. the reactive target seemed to keep her interst a lot better than putting holes in paper.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Never shot a mini bolt, but I have had experience with Henry's lever guns and their customer service. I will say that both the guns and service were great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a mini bolt from Henry. :wavey: Good Luck

4. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:supergrin:

5. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Thanks.
    Sounds like fun :cool:

6. shays4me

shays4me gunaholic

We like ours! It's nearly identical to the old Winchester single shot rifles and it's been a good choice for my kids. I've moved up to 10-22s for a couple of the kids now. They grow out of the mini bolt really quick. For the price it's the best gun on the market.