Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this riffle in trade , is this a good riffle? traded a colt pocket pistol .25 acp for it.
it looks like new . less than 200 rounds on it. what do you guys know about it?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it will get more use than the .25 acp is replacing for sure. that gun sat for more than 10 years with no use.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's not an aluminum receiver.
It is that pot metal zinc alloy. All of their .22 lever actions are made of it.
That is why I spent the extra and went with the Browning lever.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have the Yellowboy and really enjoy it. You made a great deal, get a brick of 22s and have fun!

Reactions: V Gehts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
range report. shot the Henry, I was not expecting much out of it. but is a load of fun to shoot. I have marlin 30-30 that I don't shoot much due to the fact that is a lever action , but this thing is fun. '"NO REGERTS HERE FOR THE TRADE ".
now I want one in 357 magnum. DAMMIT HENRY!!!!!!! I was happy , now I got hunt the other one.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I have a low serial number base model. This rifle is the cats meow!

Reactions: porschedog

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I got my wife the youth/ladies size Golden Boy 22 for Mothers Day, 8 years ago, and it's been perfect. I had a 22 Mag Frontier and loved it but the dovetails were 'off' which required the rear sight to be way left, to achieve zero.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I picked up a "Trump 2020" commemorative edition around the first of the year. Figure if Trump wins or loses it will have some added value, but I don't really care. It was also priced well.

WADR to other opinions you have read, while the Henry does make use of Zinc alloy castings, the rifle was designed for the material and is quite sturdy. I have no doubt that unless one is deliberately trying to damage or destroy a Henry rimfire lever-action to further a personal bias or agenda, the rifle will hold up to decades upon decades of use! In fact, for the rimfire caliber, zinc is the BETTER material since it doesn't rust. All moving internal parts of made of good ole'-fashioned steel, as is the barrel, hammer, lever, trigger, bolt, feed tube, etc. The barrel and stock are joined in the middle by an alloy "sub-frame" which is covered and reinforced by a massive "cosmetic" alloy cover that slides on from the top and is held by the prominent two large screws on either side. This further strengthens the sub-frame. Another plus for the alloy is it comes with a rather durable coating type finish that can be easily repaired, re-done, or changed.

As far as the action goes, it's smooth as glass. The lever "locks" with a nicely audible click. I have never had any sort of malfunction, and it's a perfect rifle for younger or smaller shooters since the "pause" for manual operation tends to promote more emphasis on aiming.
Henry .22 rifle.jpg henh001l-serial-no.png
My first Henry was the Mare's Leg in .22 Magnum. It's short yet quite powerful, and plenty accurate. The stubby stock provides just enough purchase for a cheek weld so the gun can be aimed the same as if the stock touched the shoulder.
Mare's leg .22 mag.jpg

Reactions: V Gehts

·
Registered
647 Posts
range report. shot the Henry, I was not expecting much out of it. but is a load of fun to shoot. I have marlin 30-30 that I don't shoot much due to the fact that is a lever action , but this thing is fun. '"NO REGERTS HERE FOR THE TRADE ".
now I want one in 357 magnum. DAMMIT HENRY!!!!!!! I was happy , now I got hunt the other one.
Get the 357!! If you load, it goes from being a ".22" almost up to 30-30 territory (but with 11 rounds if you use .38 brass). Serious firepower for castigating steel plates!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get the 357!! If you load, it goes from being a ".22" almost up to 30-30 territory (but with 11 rounds if you use .38 brass). Serious firepower for castigating steel plates!
I'm looking for it. will post as soon as I find it.

·
Patrol Corporal
1,212 Posts
My dad has one and he loves it. So do my sons. They would rather shoot it than my Ruger 10/22s. Of course, I raised them on John Wayne movies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts