Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Henry Repeating Arms has announced that it will be adding 7.62 x 39 caliber to it's Long Ranger Series, thanks to the success of it's .223 version. Originally furnished with a 5 round magazine, it will also accept higher capacity magazines from the Ruger Mini-30. It's expected to sell very well along the west coast and the northeast, where politicians are banning the black plastic rifles based upon the AR 15 platform. With ballistics similar to a 30-30, but faster to reload using box magazines, it's the ideal choice for hunting deer and home defense.
MSRP $599.00.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,256 Posts
Strange.

·
Western Pa
4,140 Posts
For me, it is blending 3 things that should not be be blended together. 7.62x39 is good. Lever rifles are good. Mag fed rifles are good. Each on its own is good, but together, not for me.

Kind of like chocolate chip scrambled eggs.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Daddy likes!

·
Registered
15,687 Posts
For me, it is blending 3 things that should not be be blended together. 7.62x39 is good. Lever rifles are good. Mag fed rifles are good. Each on its own is good, but together, not for me.

Beef cookie! LOL

·
Registered
19,435 Posts
A magazine fed 7.62X39 makes sense. If you did this with a tube fed magazine, all those pointy tipped rounds sitting in the primer for the next round risk a cook off.
I have a CZ 527 in 7.62X39 and I love it. Utilizing 7.62X39 in a little carbine is a really nice use of this intermediate power cartridge.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
What?
No 10 mm?
At least they have .41 mag.
:)

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Interesting but it's not for me. I'd get the Ruger American and just share mags with my Mini.

·
18,305 Posts

You need to open your mind. The mind is like a parachute. it works best when it's open.

I think this gun is a great idea. Henry is the most innovative company in the gun market.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
kings of the no gate

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
If only there were a way to easily convert AR15 mags to work on the .223 version - dripp a small hole or something. they'd sell a pile of those as "ban-proof" (companion to the AR) rifles. Well, ban proof for a year or two anyway.

·
Banned
7,284 Posts
A magazine fed 7.62X39 makes sense. If you did this with a tube fed magazine, all those pointy tipped rounds sitting in the primer for the next round risk a cook off.
That was the first thing I thought about when I read the title.

But hey, Zombies are in.

Reactions: MinervaDoe
1 - 20 of 62 Posts