close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Helped a friend buy a G36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nastytrigger, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

A friend of mine was looking for a .45. He was interested in the XD-S, but he was ready to purchase now.

He was a revolver guy, then had no guns for years (had kids, family, etc).

The last year, he's bought a XD9 Service, XD40 Service, SIG Pro 2022, SIG P250 9mm (just ordered a 40 Xchange conversion kit), and had a Taurus Slim 9 (I forget the model #. 907? I forget. Either way, he didn't like it, so he traded it for cash).

He's shot my Glock 21, so he had an itch for a .45. I told him to look into Glock. He checked out the G30, G30SF, and G36. He fell in love with the G36. He didn't have the money at the time, so he didn't get it. Then, he couldn't find one anywhere.

Today, we went to my favorite shop, (which he hadn't been to before) and they had one lone G36 (standard sights). $539 +tax later (and a box of Gold Dots and PMC FMJ) and he has his first Glock!

His schedule is busy (work, kids, grandkids, his band, etc) so we won't be able to shoot till next week.

I'm liking his G36 too. Very similar in size to my G19. I hope he'll let me shoot it ;)

One question though, my friend would like night sights. I put Heinie's on my G19 myself. My G21 came with Trijicon's. Does the G36 use it's own night sights (different from the other Glock .45's)?

2. Creatism

Creatism

I'm looking into xs sights for my 36. According their installation/sales guy they are the same for All models 17-36 with the 10mm and 357 having different ones.
    Hope that helps our a bit.

Typed from my iPhone.

3. Glock40man

Glock40man

Trijicon makes sights specifically for the G36. (GL12)

4. scosgt

scosgt

They are a little different - they take a shorter front sight post. Tru Glo can work despite what it says, you have to file down the post a bit. I have them on my 36.
    So basically, you may need a small bit of gunsmithing to install NS on the 36.