close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

help

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by thebat452, Feb 16, 2010.

1. thebat452

thebat452

I am a new glock owner (first pistol as well). I bought a g26 for personal protection. I do social work type work in some unsafe areas. I need a safe way to carry my weapon. Also, i need something that allows for the most concealment. If you can tell it is on me then i don't need it. I need it to be comfortable as well because i get in and out of the car multiple times a day. I mostly wear blue jeans or khaki pants.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. If you know a good place to find whatever you suggest, please post a link.

2. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

A g26 is not hard to conceal. I wear one every day. An IWB holster gives you lots of options for a cover garment: jackets, coats, sports coats, or tail-out shirts, depending on the weather.

BTW, tail-out shirts doesn't only mean Hawaiian print shirts. There are a lot of plaids, stripes, and solids that are designed to be worn with a tail out. If you or anyone close to you has any sewing skills, you can also find lots of shirts that will look fine with the tails squared off and thereby "converted" to tail-out wear.

I would imagine that a sport coat almost always would be appropriate in your work. Keep your eyes peeled for light sport coats for summer - those are the hardest to find - and pick them up when you find them. Light fabrics without a lining stay comfortable even in hot weather. I am a Floridian, and I keep a couple in the closet. If I can do it comfortably here, I doubt there are many places where it won't work.

3. andrewd523

andrewd523

Just remember:
    A gun is designed to bring comfort, not be comfortable.

4. Carry_A_Glock

Carry_A_Glock G19-23-23C-26

+1 Amen to that.