close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help Zeroing S&W M&P15X...Please Help

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by JCROWNII, Mar 13, 2010.

1. JCROWNII

JCROWNII

Hello GT,

I just bought a S&W M&P15X. It comes with a standard M4 front sight post and a troy industries BUIS as the rear sight. I was wondering, do these rifles come zeroed out of the box or do you need to zero them. If so, how do I zero my rifle, and it if comes zeroed out of the box, how do I find out if my rifle IS zeroed.

I am planning on getting an Eotec soon. How do I zero the eotec to the rifle. I am assuming you have to zero the rifle first, and then zero the optic to the rifle right?

Also, at what range should I zero? My range only has 100 yards. I was shooting decently at 50 yards but then when I bought it closer to 25 yards, I did kinda bad. I did better at 50 Yards. Is this because the rifle is zeroed for longer range?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. A6Gator

A6Gator

You can try this: http://grburnett.us/guns/ImprovedBattlesightZero.pdf

Some people use the 25 yd battle zero, I use the 50. It worked well in a previous life and has worked best for me in 3 Gun. I've found this useful w/an EOTech, also, since it co-witnesses w/my iron sights.

None of my ARs been zeroed out of the box. YMMV

3. RainierArms

RainierArms

How many shots did you use to detirmin shot groups? Even if you zero in at 50 yards, your 25 yrd group will be tighter if everything was done exactly the same. Which means, something was off from your 50 yard zero and 25 yard zero. To really start shooting well, a good trigger is a must.