help with stock glock 35

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by stx.dead.I, Sep 1, 2015.

1. stx.dead.I

stx.dead.I

I just picked up a new Glock 35 Gen4 today for competition use. I plan on doing some mods for it but want to keep it versatile while starting out. I don't care for the stock block triggers and very much dislike the sights. So those two are probably the first two to change out. I like a smaller front sight because I feel a lot more accurate/precise with a smaller front sight. My g22 has the block night sights and at 25yards it covers up over a foot of target space.

Secondly is the trigger, The long slack and sponginess right before the break drives me nuts. I also have a Dan Wesson 1911 that I love. What triggers are like this with almost no take-up and a "Candy Cane break"-Geisselle. Is there anything close to this for glocks??

What other mods are quick to be done? Frame stippling can that be a DIY job? Ive done some pmags and feel confident, just need to find some pics to get an idea of where and how deep I wanna go. Are magwells allowed in pretty much all comps? I guess they are pretty easy to remove though…

I monitor these threads pretty closely when I'm the starter so if theres a question feel free to ask it and Ill respond pretty quick, normally

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Does the Glock 35 still come with a "-" connector? If so, putting in a regular ("5 lb.") connector will help the trigger some. However, the most important thing is to understand that you don't pull the trigger from rest to fire for each shot. You should be pulling the trigger from a hold just at the point of breaking (or the "reset" point, which you can easily feel on a stock Glock trigger) to the break. Trying to hold your sights on target and pull the trigger all the way through is a sure recipe for bad accuracy. The 1911 is the gun most fogiving of that technique, so 1911 shooters often try to do the same with other guns.

3. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

I put the Gen3 trigger from a 23 and 3.5 Ghost bar in my 35 to match my other Glocks . I don't care for the smooth face on triggers

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. weaselfire

weaselfire

Sights are kind of a personal choice so you probably should hit the local shooters up to try some of their guns. I personally don't like tritium sights for example, others swear by them.

Stippling can be a DIY job, but practice first to find what you want. A Ghost bar is an obvious choice, but I'd suggest shooting a few hundred rounds to figure out exactly what you don't like about the trigger. Might be a simple trigger job will meet your needs without a bunch of fancy parts. 1911 triggers are a different animal so there's no direct comparison, but a lot of that Dan Wesson is simply attention to detail.

Jeff

5. stx.dead.I

stx.dead.I

Little update,

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. stx.dead.I

stx.dead.I

Still trying to figure out trigger, have a tti connector kit coming in the mail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk