Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S&W vtac that landing into my hands I plan on setting this up for 3gun in the Tac/Mod class I am having trouble picking up a good optic for this setup I was thinking of a Burris XTR14 bt its just out of my price range would like to stay around 500-600$ would also have to buy the mount. I have not heard good reviews on the Millet DMS1 has anyone heard about GRSC scopes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had XS Big Dots and really liked them, but I just recently switched to some Meprolights which I love even more. The XS Sights are great for what they were made to do, but I wanted to go back to a standard three dot sight.

On my Sigs I always used Trijicons and on my Glocks I've only used XS and Meps both of which I'll probably use on future Glocks as well.

·
NRA ENDOWMENT
6,545 Posts
I had XS Big Dots and really liked them, but I just recently switched to some Meprolights which I love even more. The XS Sights are great for what they were made to do, but I wanted to go back to a standard three dot sight.

On my Sigs I always used Trijicons and on my Glocks I've only used XS and Meps both of which I'll probably use on future Glocks as well.
He is talking about what optic to put on his rifle.

Anyway for three gun I recommend the Trijicon Tr24 Accupoint with the Red or Green Triangle, The Meopta, Swarovski's Z6i 1-6, S&B short dot 1-4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard and seen alot of TR24's on top of 3gun rifle's. I was wondering on how the sight would work considering that it is absent a BDC reticle. I know Trijicon optic are top notch I used a acog almost all the time while in the military but that opitc had bullet drop. Any thoughts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Millett DMS-1 and the LaRue SPR-E mount make an excellent 3gun choice.

the DMS-1 is not the only option... there are actually quite a few decent 1.25-4x type scopes out there have good magnification control for shooting matches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.