close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help with new glock 30 magazines!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlindBoyJoe, Aug 12, 2002.

1. BlindBoyJoe

BlindBoyJoe

I just shot my glock 30 for the first time and I am in love with it!!! It is a good shooter and is accurate as hell!! Anyways, I have a question about the magazines. It came with 2 10 rounders and I bought 1 9 rounder. I noticed that one of the 10 round mags was very hard to get the last round in. At about the 7th round, the magazine would produce a serious rattle. After craming the 8th round into the mag, the rattle would go away and there would be a "click". By the time I got to the 10th round, it just didn't want to go in. So I decided to by some wolff mag springs for all three mags. Well, the ten round mag is still doing the same thing and now the 9 rounder decided to join in the party. The wolff springs were about 40% longer than the stock springs. What do you think is wrong with these two magazines? What is with the rattle? Are the after market wolff mag springs supposed to be that much longer than the stock ones? Any info is grealy appreciated!!

;b

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I use Wolff springs, but haven't noticed that they're 40% longer than stock springs. Are you sure you didn't get G21 springs?? At any rate, I can't understand your logic of replacing stock springs with even stronger springs when you're having trouble getting rounds to load, due to strong factory springs. Makes no sense at all to me.