close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help with new glock 30 magazines!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlindBoyJoe, Aug 12, 2002.

1. BlindBoyJoe

BlindBoyJoe

I just shot my glock 30 for the first time and I am in love with it!!! It is a good shooter and is accurate as hell!! Anyways, I have a question about the magazines. It came with 2 10 rounders and I bought 1 9 rounder. I noticed that one of the 10 round mags was very hard to get the last round in. At about the 7th round, the magazine would produce a serious rattle. After craming the 8th round into the mag, the rattle would go away and there would be a "click". By the time I got to the 10th round, it just didn't want to go in. So I decided to by some wolff mag springs for all three mags. Well, the ten round mag is still doing the same thing and now the 9 rounder decided to join in the party. The wolff springs were about 40% longer than the stock springs. What do you think is wrong with these two magazines? What is with the rattle? Are the after market wolff mag springs supposed to be that much longer than the stock ones? Any info is grealy appreciated!!;b

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Nothing was wrong with the mags or springs. You need to let the springs break in a little. Glock uses very stiff springs, which add to the reliability and life of the springs.

3. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

I'm not sure what the clicking is but it is tough to get that last round in the 10 rounders. That's been the case with all of mine. You just have to work at it then leave them loaded for awhile. It will get a bit easier as you exercise them.

4. Uhlek

Uhlek

WOW! I just got mine yesterday, and the EXACT same thing happened to mine. I think that the rattling is because my hollow-points are not as long as standard FMJ, and the rounds are sliding back and forth inside.

Also, I can only get 9 rounds in my second one as well, oh well, I guess I'll just let it set for a while and see if the spring looses up a bit.

5. pokey074

pokey074 The F.O. Man

well, i only have one 10 round mag since my freaking order from glock is taking so long, but i had no problems getting 10 rounds into a brand new mag. no rattle either.

6. egaletti

egaletti

I have six 10 round mags.. the original one that came with my G30 fits 10rds no prob.. the other mags which were straight out of the package were all loaded and left to sit for a week until I was able to hit the range. Two are still hard to get the last round into, the other three load up just fine, one is really easy to get the last one in. I was told by a armorer to slap the mag to settle the rounds while loading, I do it at 4 and 8rnds. The last two usually squeeze right in. Im leaving them all loaded to see what if anything it does. One thing I noticed is that all of the mags have lots of excess plastic on the inside where the followers slide up/against. I scraped it off with an exacto blade.. unknown if that makes any difference either. All I know is they all feed and function properly, and that's all that matters :)

7. SkippyThe

SkippyThe

I had that same problem with one of mine and the follower hung up on it and turned sideways. Not cool. I scraped them off and they work great. ST