HELP with neighbors dogs.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Need A Fix, Apr 4, 2020.

1. OGW

OGW SAF

My bro and I did the ammonia water/squirtgun thing when we were kids. There was a very nasty GSD (I love GSDs, but not getting bitten by one) that would chase us and snap at our legs every time we rode our bicycles past his house on our way to go swimming, always had to get off and walk with our bikes between us and the dog until the owner finally came out and called it home.

Dad told us about the ammonia technique, used it once, dog never chased us again, would stand in front of the house and bark, nothing more.

2. jmohme

jmohme

Back when I used to ride a lot, I had a simpler solution. I would invite a slower and dumber cyclist to ride with me and leave him to fight off the dog as I pedaled away.
    The funny thing was, that it was always the same slow dumb guy! He was dumber than he was slow I guess.

NJ1911 and faceplant like this.

3. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Hmmm, I work with some pretty aggressive dogs (but well trained dogs) and get bit on a regular basis several times a week. Don’t seem to bother me much.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  4. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

5. OGW

OGW SAF

I know you're jerking my chain, Jim. Swim trunks and a t-shirt don't make a bite sleeve or suit, though......

jimcorbin likes this.
  6. NJ1911

NJ1911

A guy I worked with had an agressive neighbor dog constantly harassing him. Dog would come out of the woods snarling, chase him, etc. Talked to the neighbors several times and they didn't care. One day he's putting a new deck on his house and the dog comes out of the woods with his normal routine looking up and snarling. Guy grabs a 10 foot 2x10 off the pile and drops it down on the dogs head killing it. Buried in the woods. About a week later the neighbors come asking if he's seen the dog. Nope, haven't seen it.

7. Terry G

Terry G

Oh, that's so funny! Did I tell you about the time I strangled the Neighbor's Kitten's?

Green Dragoon and NJ1911 like this.
  8. BlueKat

BlueKat

9. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

:crazy:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  10. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Damn, this thread has taken a really hard left turn, and has exposed some dark stuff ....

jimcorbin likes this.
  11. jp3975

jp3975

Where they charging you on your property, like the guy said?

I'm not sure why people think dogs are basically people, or even more important than people.

If a dog tries to attack you, they need to be put down.

Why? What happens when it's a kid or a woman?

Mayhem like Me, rogn, redrick and 5 others like this.
  12. Terry G

Terry G

Well, Kittens are cute, but you can't trust them. Who has not looked in their sly faces and not seen Satan? (True Grit). There are Dog Lovers and there are people I don't care to associate with. IMG_0314.JPG

13. light-switch

light-switch Back to work...

Neighbor has an aggressive dog that comes out at people or bicyclists passing by the end of the driveway. It's a very long driveway. Many people use that country road for exercise.

Mrs Pat is an 80-yo widow that lives at the end of my street. She used to take walks down that road, until the day that dog bit her ankle, creating a couple of deep puncture wounds. I saw the pictures, and that dog has come at me a few times when I biked there with my kids before. She's my work best friend's mom. The dog owner is also my friend.

His wife denies it to this day her dog would bite anyone.

Now I make sure I can get a fast draw when I'm down that way. I already thought about what I would tell my friend if I had to shoot it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Caver 60, AdamRodgers and NJ1911 like this.
  14. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Step 1: Hey neighborino! (right lightswitch? :rofl: ) You're silly dog was down at my place and was acting pretty aggressive towards me in my yard. Could you please take steps to ensure both his safety and mine by keeping him on your property? Thanks a ton!!! See you at the neighborhood BBQ! :)

Step 2: Dear neighbor, You dog was once again on my property acting in a very threatening manner. Please see to it that it does not happen again.

Step 3: No, I haven't seen your dog. Sorry.

While it's sad that lack of personal responsibility on the owner's part has created this situation... after making attempts in good faith to work things out with the neighbor I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself on my own property. I grew up in a very rural place... dogs that were threatening to livestock or people had very short lifespans.

15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I love dogs. I like dogs more than people. You always know where your stand with a dog.
    That doesn't mean that a bad dog doesn't need putting down.

Resqu2 and AdamRodgers like this.
  16. DaverZ

DaverZ

My dad used a spray bottle filled with ammonia and it worked great.
    Shortly after we moved to florida dad got a job delivering liquid propane,he had this one customer whose german shepard would get aggressive with him,one day he pulled up,getting the hose to pump said propane the dog jumped the fence at him,long story short he shot the dogs gonads in mid flight with propane.the dog never bothered him again.

pizza_pablo, Inyo Tim and flyover like this.