Help with my next purchase please!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by snwbrdr202, Nov 12, 2010.

1. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202

Hey fellas, quick question for everyone! I have 600 bucks that I have saved up for a few months now to buy a new pistol. I am relatively new to the world of hand guns, but I got my first a few months ago...a Glock 19. I love the Glock, and I love 9mm, but I wanted to get something with a little more power. I am not talking stepping up to a Desert Eagle or anything. Ideally I want to get a .40. I have narrowed down my choices to two pistols: a Glock 22 or a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911. I know both are reliable and durable firearms, but I am afraid that after becoming familiar with my Glock 19 that cleaning and maintaining a 1911 might be a little too much. Does anyone own a Springfield and Glock? If so, is the Springfield THAT MUCH harder to clean than a Glock? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom line:

Which gun would you choose, and why?

Thanks in advance for any help regarding my purchase.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Gen a Gen4 G23. It can share the same holster as your G19,

3. kymarkh

kymarkh

First off, I love 1911's and own a Dan Wesson PMDP that I love to shoot.

1. Go to your local gun store and ask the clerk to show you how to field strip a Glock - most will as they are easy to take apart and easy to reassemble. Act like you don't know anything about Glock pistols and take note of how long it takes to do this.

2. Ask that same clerk to field strip a 1911 - and post back here to let us know what you think after that.

4. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD

H&K p2000 or 2000sk

I'm not saying anything bad about glock, I own 2. I also am not saying H&K is better than any other manufacturer. However, while pricey, the fit and finish on my 2000sk is very nice. The 2000 is comparable to the 19 in size, and the sk is close to the 27. Either are offered in either 9 or .40, and either a dao trigger or a da/sa with decocker. I really enjoy mine.

[​IMG]

5. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

Its gonna be 50/50 I suspect from the GT crowd, I own a G22 and love it! Your already familiar with the Glock Platform, and the .40 is strong round...just my .02

6. doneroman

doneroman SheepDogs-R-Us

I'll throw a wrench into your plans: go G35 for a full-size .40.

1911s are a little different in the cleaning process, but it's just that, a learning process on a different tear-down. I little more involved and some new stuff to learn about if you have the time and patience. I love my STI, for example, but it's not one of my EDC pistols.

If you want a killer deal on a used G22 anyway, shoot me a PM.