close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help with a 39 magazine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock39Pirate, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

When I first bought the 39 I shot it stock without problems. After I put the pierce +1 on both mags I have a problem with one of them. First off, they both shoot and feed perfectly when I'm putting HST's thru them. But the problem starts when I shoot federal american eagle target rounds, 185 and 230 grain. The one mag has a problem feeding the last round in and its always the last round, the other mag hasn't had a problem, and remember both have the pierce +1 on. Wierd also is sometimes that last round will spit out completely and when I pull the trigger it goes click with the slide forward, the first time that happened I thought it was a failure to fire but when I looked in the round wasn't even in the chamber, and I look on the ground and there it was. I'll be returning that mag to stock, but wasn't sure if you guys have heard of this.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

If it spits the last round out like that, I would suspect that the feed lips may be out of spec.

The Pearce extension should not cause that to happen because it's use would decrease the amount of tension put on the round by the mag spring....which should help decrease the likelihood of having a round jump out prematurely.

By all means though, put the original floorplate back on and give it a try. If it does function OK with it then, I would likely leave it as is and get another mag to put the extension on. If it continues to spit out a live round though, send it back to Glock with a note describing what happens, I expect they'll take care of it for you.