Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Glock 32 and thinking what ammo to get. I cant decide if i should get a 124gr or a 147gr. Which is better? Whats the difference between the two?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I got a Glock 32 and thinking what ammo to get. I cant decide if i should get a 124gr or a 147gr. Which is better? Whats the difference between the two?
124/147 are common 9mm weights?

All the 357 Sig I've seen are 125 gr at 1350 fps?

It's really a 40 necked down 9mm so somebody might be making it?

All the LE ammo I see, Federal, Speer, Winchester seems like 125 gr.
That's what it was suppost to emulate. 125 gr 357 mag revolver?

I have two 357 sig guns, but can't help you.
(I'm personally running Winchester Ranger T-Series 125 gr for SD)

Sorry

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
125 gr. Speer Gold Dots or Winchester Rangers for SD/HD.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I shot a .45 ACP Federal HST through several one-gallon milk jugs filled with water. Awesome blossom. That's what I carry now in all my guns. A stock G23 is my EDC although I have barrels for 9mm and 357 Sig for it.

I suspect that anything short of FMJ in a 357 Sig is going to be lethal if you can hit what you're aiming at.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Another vote for Georgia Arms.

Gold Dots will not feed through my G32 for whatever reason. I use Golden Sabers.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I second the www.georgia-arms.com. They provide good quality reloaded ammo at a good price. www.ammunitiontogo.com also has some good deals on it at times. 124gr. vs. 147gr. is just a personal choice. To reload the round a lot of people actually use the 9mm bullet which is why a lot of it found is in those two weights. Which one you use really won't matter. The 147gr. will penetrate a little more and may carry a little more punch at longer range. For general use it won't matter which one you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts