Glock Talk banner

Help please

981 Views 25 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  I am Groot!
So i just got my first gun its a g22 3rd gen but i cant find the sn on here or on the other website mentioned in the rules and what not i just want any info on my glock the guy i got it from said that he thought it was a service weapon bc the sn is EEZ480US I even tried to google model and sn and cant find anything on it any help or info is appreciated
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
8,267 Posts
I think a Gen3 22 with a s/n that a has US in it is a replacement frame. Try the s/n without the US, call Smyrna and ask for info on that gun with the s/n before it was replaced. Does the barrel have US in the S/N? Does the slide?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a Gen3 22 with a s/n that a has US in it is a replacement frame. Try the s/n without the US, call Smyrna and ask for info on that gun with the s/n before it was replaced. Does the barrel have US in the S/N? Does the slide?
No they dont i will give the sn a try with out the us thank you for pointing me in the right direction

8,267 Posts
Glocks with seriel numbers ending in "US" were manufactured and assenbled in Austria for importation into the USA.
I don't believe that is true. I had a G29 which was under a recall and the frame was replaced and came back with a new s/n ending in US on the frame but the slide and barrel were unchanged from the original s/n because they were the original parts.

NONE of my GLOCK pistols imported into the US from Austria have US suffixed into the S/n.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't believe that is true. I had a G29 which was under a recall and the frame was replaced with a new s/n ending in US on the frame but the slide and barrel were unchanged.

NONE of my GLOCK pistols imported into the US from Austria have US suffixed into the S/n.
So any suggestions how i can find more info on it other than calling glock personally lol

8,267 Posts
And i still cant find it even without the us in the sn. Any chance it could be a fake lol.
No, it's not a fake. And the US does not designate a service pistol. You did notice that the barrel and slide don't have that suffix, right?

Call GLOCK-USA in Smyrna, GA and ask them ..They are very helpful and friendly. Willing to help with any question. And they will confirm everything I have told you.

That US was put on Austrian s/n guns for importation into the USA is just nonsense.

Their number is 770-432-1202 Call them. Very friendly people.

8,267 Posts
They will answer the phone in 2-3 rings. About 90-seconds later they will give you an answer to your question..........

Be sure to tell them that the frame has a US suffix but the barrel and slide do not. They will know immediately what the non-issue is about.

Don't worry so much. It's nothing.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
It's just a gun, and has a serial number like all guns.

None of my California compliant Gen3 Austrian made Glocks (the only ones allowed in CA) have US in the serial number.

The funniest comment on this thread so far was a reference to Safe Queen.

8,267 Posts
The striker looks brand new pretty much. I want to get a better striker and guide rod bc there both polymer but for 500 flat i couldn't pass it up
OK... now you are wandering into things which you probably know nothing about. A better striker because it is polymer? A better guide rod?

Stop while you are still ahead. Please. Just stop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.