Help, please. Two easy problems.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Douglas in CT, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Douglas in CT

Douglas in CT Millennium Member

Problem #1
    I have far too many application mini icons next to the computer clock that load up when I boot up the computer.
    - How do I get rid of them?

Problem #2
    I was checking out a Registry fix program, and now when I boot up the computer it automatically comes up and asks me if I want to buy it. Then, it calls for my internet connection and connects to its company site's order page.
    - How do I get rid this?

Thank you.

2. srhoades

srhoades

One solution that will fix both problems. Start > run > msconfig. Go to the startup tab and uncheck whatever you don't want to start when windows starts, reboot.

3. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

x2. If you do that and you do not understand what some of the files are, just type the filename into google and you will then know if you should uncheck them or not.

4. lens

lens

5. srhoades

srhoades

Adware used to be top notch but has falling behind. I recommend Spysweeper (you can download a fully functioanl 14 day trial version) and AVG Anti-spyware.

6. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

you need to run updated, reputable, spyware removal software like Spybot - Search & Destroy ( http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1 ) or Ad-Aware listed above while in safe mode.

another option is that you can find the physical address for the company, take a crowbar, go to the company and break the hands of those worthless... well, you get the idea.

(note: option 2 may not remove the software from your computer, and it may not be legal in all areas. check your local laws first.)