Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first time poster, hopfully I join the best forums out there lol. I have a glock 34 ZP slide, ZP barrel (Zaffiri Precision) that I put on top of a P80 brand standard size frame compatible with 17/22/34 something like that. I got everything together and only problem is the trigger is not resetting 90% of the time. Oh yeah I have OC customs lower parts (may be the problem) and glock OEM upper parts. Ok so the trigger isn’t resetting after the slide reciprocates manually. I can put the slide LOCK in backwards and everything works flawless, but as long as the slide LOCK is correct I have to push down on barrel, or UP on barrel, or push anything down or up and the trigger will reset. I feel like when I lightly pull down on slide LOCK, that seems to FEEL like the area of the problem, but I’m not sure, I can just about push on anything anyway and it will reset. Appreciate any help with this problem and sorry about the wording and lack of better details.

·
Banned
328 Posts
You wont get much help on this forum unfortunately.
Your problem isn't your slide or barrel like previously mentioned.
I assembled a few P80's and I have encountered similar issues. If you haven't, try fully disassembling the gun and put it back together and see if you still have the issue. Break the trigger assembly down as well and then reassemble.
Make sure there is plenty of clearance in your RSA channel too.
Try swapping out a different connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assembled a few P80's and I have encountered similar issues. If you haven't, try fully disassembling the gun and put it back together and see if you still have the issue. Break the trigger assembly down as well and then reassemble.
Thanks for the honesty lol, cool bro, yeah I’ve tried all of the obvious and all of what’s posted on the net, still no luck so figured I’d make a post , thanks again

·
Banned
328 Posts
Thanks for the honesty lol, cool bro, yeah I’ve tried all of the obvious and all of what’s posted on the net, still no luck so figured I’d make a post , thanks again
Have you tried swapping out a whole new trigger assembly?
Is your slide cerekoted?

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Welcome to the General Glocking Forum. It will be useful if you ever own a Glock pistol. :)

FWIW, Poly80 threads are considered OT by forum moderators because a poly80 is not a Glock pistol. No doubt your thread will be transferred to the General Firearms Forum.

FWIW, in a Glock pistol the most common causes of trigger reset issues are non-OEM reduced-force Firing Pin Springs, non-OEM increased force Trigger Springs, or both. OEM post-2010 pre-Gen5 Trigger Bars are also subject to incorrect hook cocking during installation of the Trigger Spring that will cause reset issues.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yep...........

Go with OEM spring weights across the board, and get the thing working before anything else. Off topic, but when I built my Unlimited gun on a G17 I found there was a limit I could go with the firing pin spring, and the trigger reset spring. It also caused light strike problems, So I left those OEM for reliability sake, and focused my trigger upgrades on the connector and adjustable trigger shoe.

Welcome to the General Glocking Forum. It will be useful if you ever own a Glock pistol. :)

FWIW, Poly80 threads are considered OT by forum moderators because a poly80 is not a Glock pistol. No doubt your thread will be transferred to the General Firearms Forum.

FWIW, in a Glock pistol the most common causes of trigger reset issues are non-OEM reduced-force Firing Pin Springs, non-OEM increased force Trigger Springs, or both. OEM post-2010 pre-Gen5 Trigger Bars are also subject to incorrect hook cocking during installation of the Trigger Spring that will cause reset issues.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
I found there was a limit I could go with the firing pin spring, and the trigger reset spring.
Which on a Glock is the same spring...the Firing Pin Spring. The Glock coil Trigger Spring pulls the Trigger backwards away from reset...an anti-reset spring. :)

·
MacGyver
7,598 Posts
Could be one thing, could be more in combination.

Joy of P80 gun making...gotta accept the risks-- that's the fun challenge of it: getting it to work, and working out the problem. Plenty will swear they have built 10 without any issue-- but they weren't challenged, and were just assembling puzzle pieces multiple times.

Try posting in the gunsmithing forum, lots of p80 posts there.

·
Banned
328 Posts
See what I mean, this crap has nothing to do with a P80 or helping you out
Annotation 2020-05-21 144727.png

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hey everyone, first time poster, hopfully I join the best forums out there lol. I have a glock 34 ZP slide, ZP barrel (Zaffiri Precision) that I put on top of a P80 brand standard size frame compatible with 17/22/34 something like that. I got everything together and only problem is the trigger is not resetting 90% of the time. Oh yeah I have OC customs lower parts (may be the problem) and glock OEM upper parts. Ok so the trigger isn’t resetting after the slide reciprocates manually. I can put the slide LOCK in backwards and everything works flawless, but as long as the slide LOCK is correct I have to push down on barrel, or UP on barrel, or push anything down or up and the trigger will reset. I feel like when I lightly pull down on slide LOCK, that seems to FEEL like the area of the problem, but I’m not sure, I can just about push on anything anyway and it will reset. Appreciate any help with this problem and sorry about the wording and lack of better details.
Tug of War
In a Glock (design) during reset the trigger spring and striker spring are in a tug of war.
The striker spring in a Glock is the reset spring and it must overcome the trigger spring to achieve reset.
You will get retards calling the Glock trigger spring a reset spring. It is not.
And yet other jelly-brained gun plumbers will install an Extra Power (6lb) trigger spring.
This makes pull weight less but degrades reset quality.

In your Mish-Mash of Glock Clonage, you probably have an Extra Power (6lb) trigger spring and a Reduced Power striker spring.
Therefore, sometimes your striker spring loses the Tug of War and your pistol fails to reset.
You are able to "push it over the edge" with all the wiggling you describe.

What you should do is to obtain/install a stock Glock striker spring (5.5lb) and a stock Glock trigger spring (5lbs) and try that.
It should run fine like that.

Welcome to GT
We're not actual azzholes we just play them on TV
:D

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
OP, first of all it's not a Glock, it's just a parts gun. If it was a Glock, it would work. And you would have spent less money.... So maybe ask the guys who sold the slide and barrel and all the other stuff. You know what the answer will be? Not my parts, gotta be the other guys stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could be one thing, could be more in combination.

Joy of P80 gun making...gotta accept the risks-- that's the fun challenge of it: getting it to work, and working out the problem. Plenty will swear they have built 10 without any issue-- but they weren't challenged, and were just assembling puzzle pieces multiple times.

Try posting in the gunsmithing forum, lots of p80 posts there.
thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
th
Tug of War
In a Glock (design) during reset the trigger spring and striker spring are in a tug of war.
The striker spring in a Glock is the reset spring and it must overcome the trigger spring to achieve reset.
You will get retards calling the Glock trigger spring a reset spring. It is not.
And yet other jelly-brained gun plumbers will install an Extra Power (6lb) trigger spring.
This makes pull weight less but degrades reset quality.

In your Mish-Mash of Glock Clonage, you probably have an Extra Power (6lb) trigger spring and a Reduced Power striker spring.
Therefore, sometimes your striker spring loses the Tug of War and your pistol fails to reset.
You are able to "push it over the edge" with all the wiggling you describe.

What you should do is to obtain/install a stock Glock striker spring (5.5lb) and a stock Glock trigger spring (5lbs) and try that.
It should run fine like that.

Welcome to GT
We're not actual azzholes we just play them on TV
:D
thank you very much, I believe I have those 2 springs in spare parts slightly used, I will let you know how it goes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts