close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help pick sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Huber, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Picking up my Glock 19 on Friday and looking at sights. Gun's use will be HD, IDPA, and down the road backup weapon/off duty weapon possibly once I get thru the academy.

On my Glock 22 I had TFO sites which where ok but I don't know how old they where since I bought it used and I didn't have great luck with them in target acquisition.

I am leaning towards xs big dot those are pretty sweet but always open to your opinions for those who have been there and done that

2. gh0st614

gh0st614

Ameriglo I Dot Pros, the Hackathorn front sight will be great for competition and range use and the 2 dot night sights are quick and easy in my apartment at night.

3. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Those look pretty cool and I like the price.....So is the only difference between regular and pro the red ring?

4. gh0st614

gh0st614

Yea thats the only difference. There is a coupon code you can search for glocktalk and one for gssf. I think they are both 10% off.

Trijicon makes a similar pair of sights but they are 150ish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Seapup

Seapup

I'm partial to XS Big Dots. Quickest target acquisition sights I've ever used, day or night. I just like dot over bar better than dot over dot, but either is better than traditional target sights... unless you only shoot paper @ the range. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

I like the XS's as well. Those or a plain black wide notch rear with a tritium front.

7. Mayhem Inc.

Mayhem Inc.

Mepro's on my carry, and I-Dot Pro's on the G35. I took a blue sharpie and colored in the dots on rear sight of my carry weapon. With the 3-dot set-up, the front sight shows brighter and I can focus on it quicker and better. I like the I-Dot Pro's on my full size. Quick acquisition due to the hack front sight and wide notch rear. I think they are better all around, than the XS Big Dots, which are great for close in work, and conceal much of your sight pic at longer distances.

8. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

So basically with both above pictured aights you line dot to dot or dot to bar?

How accurate are they compared to basic sights

9. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Another vote for the XS Big Dot sights. Since I put them on my 19 two other people I shoot with have bought them for their carry and hd guns.

10. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

I really like the XS big dot sights......How accurate are they?

11. Thrill

Thrill

Gh0st614 & SeaPup,...

Thanks so much for the pictures.

I'm a n00b looking for new sights for our Glock 17's, and I am astounded that the majority of companies that manufacture and/or sell sights DO NOT post pictures of what they look like "down the barrel" at a targe?!?!?

I would love to try them all before buying, but that's almost impossible, so the next best thing is to see a photo of what you might actually expect to see.

I will be attending the NRA convention in Pittsburgh this year and will try hold / eyeball as many as I can find there to compare and then try to decide.

12. Thrill

Thrill