Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandmother passed, not unexpectedly and probably for the best, but now I have to travel from PA, thru WV (no problem), OH into IN. I will be staying right on the OH-IN border (college corner), mostly in IN. What is the law in OH for haivng a gun in your car, possession, etc. BTW, I am leavin at 7am tomorrow morning. Thx for any help you can give on short notice.

forgot to mention I have my pa ccw.

·
Registered
27,987 Posts
handgunlaw.us

Sorry to hear about your grandmother..

IGF

·
Banned
140 Posts
PA license is not valid in Ohio

Gun must be transported unloaded in a case with no loaded magazines or loaded speed loaders anywhere in the vehicle in Ohio.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
Yup, Ohio is all high and mighty about their gun laws. You'll be fine in Indiana though. We recognize all other state carry permits. You just have to abide by your home state regulations while here. How the local cops are supposed to figure that out I have no clue but that's what the law says.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i will be carrying iwb thru wv, locked in safe under back seat (pickup), mags unloaded thru OH, back together again in IN. Have to say I was surprised that OH didn't have reciprication with PA, and I grew up there...........Still Love the Buckeyes though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have to go through that dog and Pony show twice a month driving from PA to MO. It's a pain in the *****.

·
Registered
31,725 Posts
Ohio has reciprocity with many states. Usually the reason any state does not have reciprocity with another is because the other's requirements (amount of training, etc) are insufficient relative to the home state.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
Yup, just another violation of 2A and the state constitution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts