close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP! Open ground blind in house!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by BlackBelt, Nov 1, 2004.

1. BlackBelt

BlackBelt

Man, I bought one of those pop-open ground blinds, and took it home. Since it's raining outside, I threw it open into the den. As it popped open, it broke my overhead light, and now I can't figure out how to close it. It came with one sheet of paper written by somebody w/very little grasp of the english language.
    Apparently, I'm supposed to grab and twist it somehow, and it will magically go back into a trash-can lid sized disc.
    Yeah, right.
    Anyone know how to close these things?

2. TexAg

TexAg

Man, thats just funny! Sorry about your light though :p

Is it the kind with four round sections (one for each wall)? If so, I might can help, although describing the process online may be difficult. First you basically fold the thing in half (push one corner in), then lay it down flat on the ground, then grab one side and pull it up and as you try and fold it in half (it will feel strange trying to fold a circle in half) twist as you pull it down and it should sort of spring down into a smaller circle. Sometimes it feels like its going to bend, but you push it a bit farther and it sort of springs into place. Its similar to one of those dual circle sun shields you put in your front car window in the summer.

Let me know if this helps.

3. BlackBelt

BlackBelt

That's it!!!
    That did it. Thanks for the help. I would have never figured that stupid thing out.
    Thanks!!!!
    I'll buy you whatever you drink if you're ever in West TN.

4. TexAg

TexAg

No problem, glad I could help! My Dad bought one last year and it was hard to get it closed the first couple of times. Didn't get anything from it last year, but hopefully this year we will. Its got that cool carbon liner in it too so your smell it limited, not a bad contraption at all.

5. vafish

vafish

I about busted my TV opening mine the first time in the family room.

Man those things open fast. And until you get the hang of it they are a fight to fold up.