Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a new $4000.00 bedroom set about a month ago. About two weeks later the support beams on the bed broke. They came out and fixed it. About a week later it broke again. They charged us $50 dollars for the metal beams. They didnt give us the option when we first brought it.I wanted my money back but they say they dont give refunds only store credit. I said fine and paid the service tech the $50 to get the metal beams. Yesterday the whole damn thing just collapse from underneath us. The side railing split from the wood in the headboard. The wood is completely broken out, all the screws are reamed out. I was so pissed off. Of course they will not refund us our money. All they want to do is replace the bed. Why would I get the same bed if its not wworth a damn thing. We went back and forth with every assistant manager over the phone for about a hour. Finally we got the store manager. Of course she didnt want to help because they got my money up front already, plus the $50 they charged for the beams after it broke down the second time. The manager finally said we could get another set, a different one. My wife goes there an hour later. The manager totally changes her story. She said she told us we could only get a different bed. Why would we agree to get a bed that doesnt match the set we got. We wanted a totally different one. So after some arguing and fussing and yelling she finally said we could get a different set. We were going to get a much cheaper set and get the difference back. Ididnt want them to have all of my money. Of course they dont like that,but who cares. Do you all think legal action is worth it to try to get a full refund? Or should I just get another set and move on. They were VERY nasty to me and my wife. The store is HAYNES FURNITURE. Sorry this was so long, just really pissed

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
tell them you're going to file a complaint with the Better Buisiness Bureau and then DO it if they don't resolve it immediately. That's terrible business methods, they stand to lose new customers by word of mouth. If I were you, I'd start pointing that out to them. Frequently. In person, in mail and by phone til they resolve the matter. Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Lone_Wolfe
Did you pay for the set with your credit card? If so, you may be able to persue a chargeback.

Good luck with it.

I wrote them a check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts