Help narrowing down options for Glock 26 CC

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cubbyjg, Mar 6, 2010.

1. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

I have spent numerous hours looking at various concealed carry methods and holsters. I have narrowed down my options to a couple of concealed carry methods. Ive read that you should alter your attire around the concealment method. For me though, i do not want to do this. I am comfortable the way i dress and do not wish to go out and buy larger pants and shirts, etc. Typically, i wear slacks and button down shirts to work and on my free time, jeans and a t-shirt or shorts. Sometimes ill wear a button down shirt of i go out which i normally tuck in. Being able to tuck my shirt in is a big factor for me. My options so far are: Smart carry, pistol wear (looks similar to smart carry), or a shoulder rig. I have tried a couple IWB holsters and they just were not comfortable for me.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pistol Wear holsters (http://www.pistolwear.com) or a shoulder rig? I will be carrying a Glock 26. Sorry for being winded. Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.

2. Oramac

Oramac

you sound a lot like i did when i went looking for a holster for my G26. i also wear shirt and tie to work, and jeans/shorts and tshirts on the weekends. i have yet to buy a new pair of pants even after buying my MTAC.

are you anywhere near St Louis? i'd be willing to let you test out the MTAC if you are. its a great holster and very comfortable.

3. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Im in Houston unfortunately. What kind of MTAC holster do you use and is it an IWB?

4. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Crossbreed SuperTuck works for me (and thousands of others) in shorts, tucked/untucked slacks or jeans.

With a proper gun belt, it is all-day comfortable.

I can carry my G26 10/12/15+1 and be comfortable no matter what.

5. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

For these two IWB holsters, did you have to start wearing larger pants?

6. J1000

J1000

I agree with Killercamaro on the MTAC holster; it's very slim, very comfortable, and you'll be able to tuck your shirt in as well. I didn't need to upsize pants or anything for it either (I also carry a Glock 26 by the way). Comp-tac has excellent customer service also.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

7. M1A Shooter

M1A Shooter

ive always carried iwb and have never had to buy larger pants. i guess it depends on how tight you like them from the start.

i am looking at pocket holsters and smart carry types as well for my 26. this is for deep concealment for when i carry at work. look into pocket holsters?

8. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

My pant stay up without a gun or belt on. This means they fit properly and are not snug.

I have tight jeans (read: is that a roll of quarters or is he just happy to see me?) that I do not wear when I am carrying. Once I loose a little more weight, they will be fine to wear while carrying.

9. Poor Knight

Poor Knight

I have found the G26 works best for me in an ankle holster or smartcarry while wearing a suit. In more causal wear my Milt Sparks VM2 tuckable worked great but the Glock is thick enough that it messes up the line of my suit and people at work noticed my lumpy hip - hence the ankle carry. So with jeans or chinos I use the tuckable IWB. I've tried pocket carry as well which works great with my S&W J frame snubbie but does not work at all for me in the G26 except in cargo pockets. I use a fanny pack or smartcarry when running or exercising. I am in Houston as well and can show you what I have tried and what's worked for me. I carry daily and have for years.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  10. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Well i decided to go with the smartcarry and placed an order yesterday. I think this system will work great. Poor knight, what kind of ankle holster do you have? Can it be worn with western boots?

11. Poor Knight

Poor Knight

I am using the DeSantis apache ankle rig which would probably not work with boots - it might work with ropers. The Smartcarry is difficult to draw while sitting but otherwise works great.

12. joeslide

joeslide

I think you will like the smart carry - It was my first concealed carry technique. But over time you'll want something different, when that happens, remember the MTAC. Did I change the way I dressed? Yes in some ways. I started wearing sport coats when the occasion was right. I bought JC Penny slacks that had elastic built into the waist band. It allowed for the extra space the MTAC used. I bought some summer shirts from 5.11. All these things allowed me to carry just about anywhere. If you window shop a little, you will see dozens of clothing combinations that will work for you.

Good Luck!

13. Glock operative

Glock operative

+1 SmartCarry for working out and deep concealment.

When I wear a belt (good gun belt is key), I'll usually default to Galco Summer Comfort IWB. But you'll be more than happy with SmartCarry as your first holster. It was my first holster!

14. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

I prefer IWB using a Desantis Intruder. Priced right and comfortable.

15. simmy952

simmy952

Sounds like a Smartcarry is right for you. My buddy carries a G27 that way. He is a investment advisor and with clients all day long. He likes it very well and suits his needs well. Sounds like you are in the same situation he is. OWB was not an option and IWB was not to his liking.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  16. M1A Shooter

M1A Shooter

i just got an unkle mikes pocket holster for my 26. its ok but i am still wanting to get a desantis apache ankle holster.

17. silverbear

silverbear

I use a smartcarry holster and it works as first holster, but will eventually get an mtac or similar. I like the smartcarry as the kids don't know I'm carrying and its very comfortable in most situations.

18. RPB

RPB

Don't know your budget, but Tucker Gunleather is right there in Houston. :wavey:
    Comp-Tac is not too far away either, in Spring, Texas. :wavey:

Comp-tac Minotaur
    Tucker's "The Answer" or "Silent Thunder"

I wear a 36 pants, with or without any ONE of the above holsters.

I recently bought some 38" pants, only because I started carrying SECOND IWB Glock, a Glock 19 AND a Glock 26 .... so when I try to squeeze in 2 spare mags, the 36s got a little tight :supergrin:

19. ranger56528

ranger56528

I wear tucked in shirts 90% of the time when I CC and I have found that the Bellyband works great with the G26 and G19 the only downfall is reholstering if for some reason you pull it out but for just haveing it nxt to you its nice,the CB Supertuck is my nxt go to IWB,he is a pic of me wearing a tucked in t-shirt with my G26 in a Bellyband right side carry....
    [​IMG]

20. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

I wear my Glock 26 in a Crossbreed supertuck. I don't wear pants that are one size bigger, because all I wear are those really tight shorts like Lt. Dangle on Reno 911. LOL! On the serious side, I find it feels better with pants that are one size larger. I also use a gun belt from Crossbreed.