help me understand

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Ersatz0906, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

hello guys

when you say PTT means permit to transport?
    what is the rules when you have PTT?

how about Permit to carry? PTC?
    can you bring your pistol holstred with you loaded?

whats CCW?

thanks for the help

by the way I ask my local gun store here in iloilo they say the cost for permit to carry is 12,000pesos for 1 year (they will do everything except for getting the NBI clearance), are they overpricing me?

2. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Welcome Aboard! I think a PTCFOR for 12T is a good deal since you are in Iloilo. As for the other questions you could utilize the search function or wait until other BOGs reply to your recently discussed queries.

3. atmarcella

atmarcella

kasimanwa taka gale;f

taga diin ka sa iloilo? anyway i will try to answer some of your questions...

yes PTT means permit to tranfer

i not sure about this but i think the duration for most PTT's is 3 mos. and i think you have to carry the gun in a bag with seperate compartments for bullets and guns...dapat magkahiwalay sila, di pwede magazine inserted w/ bullets in the mag, otherwise known as condition 2, i think nakasulat din kung saan mo sya e transport or the shooting ranges you are allowed to go to, i think there is a specified distance that you can deviate but not much, cguro 5-10 kms.

yes PTC is permit to carry

yes i think so....pero if the place you are going to does not allow it e.g. mall, di pa rin pwede.

ccw- concealed carry weapon

ps,
    puli ko dira sa dec.;f

4. casmot

casmot Re membered

PPT means that you can transport your firearm from your residence to the listed firing ranges in the document. Provided, that the firearm is transported unloaded (including the magazine) and separate from the ammo. Not just separate containers but in separate areas of your vehicle. Like the glove compartment and truck.

PTCFOR. Yes, you can carry your firearm loaded but not in a holster. Technically, it should be inside a bag. For reasons I don't know. Probably, because it is harder to see the firearm inside a bag than a holster. Showing your firearm to the public would be gun toting or brandishing.

CCW means Concealed Carry Weapon - same as our PTCFOR but you can carry in weapon in a holster.

5. vega

vega

Hi guys, Correct me if I'm wrong.
    PTC = CCW

In the Phil we call it PTC but it is CCW here in the US. You can carry holstered in the Phil (PTC) just as long as it won't print and the FA must be concealed. Mainit lang kasi dyan sa atin kaya hindi pwede naka-jacket or vest. You can wear long and loose shirt so it won't print. You can only bring 50 rounds with PTC.

PTT - You carry your unloaded FA separate from the ammo and must be in a locked container but you can bring with you 300 rounds for the same FA. It is good for 3 mos and only limited to the credited shooting club/s indicated on the PTT.

With PTC you can go all over the Phil but there are exemptions where you cannot go with your FA. I believe it is printed on the back of the card.

PTT - is good for ?? years.

CCW is good for 2 years, or I think 4 here in my county.

Hope this help.

vega

6. danger26

danger26

I agree with vega except that PTT is valid for 3 months only, PTCFOR is valid for 1 year.

7. vega

vega

Caution when getting PTC, make sure you have a validated ORIGINAL RECEIPT. If they cannot provide one then it's more likely a fake one. We have one BOG member who was victimized.

Before paying, ask him upfront if he could provide the OR.

vega

8. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

thank you guys :) so here in the Philippines do we have CCW and PTC or only PTC?
    what does FOR stand? PTCFOR

atmarcella kamusta pare :) taga Jaro ko tol kaw ya? What GLOCK model do you have?

thanks for the advise Vega

9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

PTCFOR - permit to carry firearm outside residence.

10. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

what vega and danger26 said^c

11. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

ahhhh.... thank you all :)

12. atmarcella

atmarcella

mandurriao, glock 22;f