Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am going to be doing the LTC class this weekend. I am very excited. I was trying to study ahead of time so that I would get more out of the class and be well informed.

The Texas LTC Reciprocity page is very confusing to me:
http://txcha.org/texas-ltc-information/texas-ltc-reciprocity/

I'm having trouble with the math. According the graphic on the page, 41 states are shall-issue, 7 are constitutional, 8 are discretionary. That's more than 51 states (and districts) of the US!

If I understand correctly, the 41 states that are shall-issue will recognize my Texas LTC. I understand that prior to traveling there I should understand the local state laws and follow them appropriately.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
They will tell you, but IIRC it is 35 states it is recognized. It changes year to year, so you won't get a hard fast count from anyone. The other states issue practices have little to do with it, just if they have an agreement to honor the Texas LTC or if they are Constitutional Carry.
www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

This map will help some. 15 states and DC are off limits to honor the Texas permit. Mn used to but doesn't now, one of the Virginia's is off and on recently, but on for now.

Reactions: Franky427

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will tell you, but IIRC it is 35 states it is recognized. It changes year to year, so you won't get a hard fast count from anyone. The other states issue practices have little to do with it, just if they have an agreement to honor the Texas LTC or if they are Constitutional Carry.
www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

This map will help some. 15 states and DC are off limits to honor the Texas permit. Mn used to but doesn't now, one of the Virginia's is off and on recently, but on for now.
Cool, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
14,648 Posts
This link has lots of good info.

https://www.usacarry.com

This is one of the first places I go when I have questions or am getting ready to travel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am going to be doing the LTC class this weekend. I am very excited. I was trying to study ahead of time so that I would get more out of the class and be well informed.

The Texas LTC Reciprocity page is very confusing to me:
http://txcha.org/texas-ltc-information/texas-ltc-reciprocity/

I'm having trouble with the math. According the graphic on the page, 41 states are shall-issue, 7 are constitutional, 8 are discretionary. That's more than 51 states (and districts) of the US!

If I understand correctly, the 41 states that are shall-issue will recognize my Texas LTC. I understand that prior to traveling there I should understand the local state laws and follow them appropriately.
try this website
www.handgunlaw.us

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.