Glock 17 Help me set up my G17 for Idpa

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SureThing, Nov 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SureThing

SureThing

I have a Stock G17. I have polished the internals, and turned the rear sight around (because I dont like the |_|). There is not much I can do and still stay legal for the SSP class. However I would like to change some things with the trigger.

I plan to put a 3.5 connector, however, is there more I can to to make is short, sweet, and smooth?

I've considered Hiene sights also.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

2. RowdyOne

RowdyOne Constant Lurker

How long have you been shooting this 17? I ask as I am shooting a 17 with night sites as the only modification. I made sharpshooter with it. I don't think I am shooting to the potential of the gun yet. When I can do that I will make further mods.

Just my thoughts.:cool:

3. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

If you don't carry this gun get a competition trigger spring from glockmeister.com . I had one in my g26 and loved it and carried it too, but some would frown upon that or worry about trigger reset reliability.

4. Mayonaise

Mayonaise

You can only do so much and remain legal in IDPA. Most of what you can do is set the gun up that works for you. Sights, Extended mag release and internal trigger work. It's all personal. None of the mods will really give you any competitive advantage which is why it's a stock division. You'd be surprised how little world champion David Sevigny does to his Glocks.

Personally I dislike 3.5# Glock triggers. A tuned 5# works far better for me personally. Dehorned extended magazine release. Heinie rear sight and Dawson Precision .105 fiber optic front sight. Stock recoil spring.

If you can try out your friend's guns first that will help you make some decisions before spending $$.

Mark

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Triggerjob
    Good sights (heinie or bomar)
    Re spring
    Barrel.

6. murph2127

murph2127

I'll say. I got to shoot one of his G34's a while back and it was the same stock setup as mine. Guess it's still the indian and not the arrow.

Ted