Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say you have a great G17 Gen 3 and a G26 Gen 4 you use for range , competition (IDPA) , self defense and home defense ... What would you look at next ? ... It doesn't have to be in 9mm either . My current logic is to possibly skip over .40 cal. (due to an uncertain future of the caliber) and go up to .45 ACP . You never hear anything bad about a G21 Gen 4 or a G30 Gen 4 but I do not believe I would carry a .45 ACP as I already have a G26 for that purpose . Conversely , the G30 gets high marks for accuracy (not sure how the G21 compares in accuracy ?)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
The 40 most likely will come back.
My choice would be a G-23 just because I have two of them, and a G-22 I'll have a G-24 if I run across one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Personally, I don’t care for compact glocks such as 23 or 19 I prefer sub compact like 26 or full size like your 17. So if it is 45 acp your wanting then 21SF or 30SF.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Need to go 10mm next. You have the concealed carry and duty carry covered. You need something more powerful to kill all the attacking wildabeast, tigers, and grizzlies that may attack you while walking your dog.

·
Registered
734 Posts
First, there is no uncertainty to 40 cal. It is here to stay.
Having said that I wouldn’t get a 40 if you have 9mms. I would say that if you reload or want to, get a Glock 20. If you want factory ammo get a Glock 21.
I reload and love the versatility of a 10mm. 135-220 grain and mild to wild. You don’t get that from a 45. You don’t get that from off the shelf wal Mart ammo in a 10 mil either.
Personally I would go Gen 4 for either. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with Gen 3’s.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
You’ve stated the 19/23 frame won’t work. Why not a Gen. 4 Glock 22. The thinner grip sans the use of a back strap insert makes it concealable. You can do anything with it. CCW, Hiking/Woods, etc. You can even hunt white tail and hogs with them. The state I live in requires a barrel length of 4” or more and a caliber larger than 9mm so it works perfectly. One mag in the pistol and an extra in the pocket has you well covered. The .40 is here to stay. It’s extremely versatile and every load available for it is decent if not excellent. Not true with the 9mm. I encourage everyone to sit back and watch. The 9mm fad will fade. At the same time advances were made with the 9mm, the same was happening with all calibers. I’m not saying there will be a tidal wave of change but I am saying some agencies will go back to the .40 or choose the .45. The Arkansas State Police is not drinking the Kool-Aid and staying with the Glock 21 for example. Which brings to the the Gen. 4 Glock 21 another great choice for you.

Reactions: ILeft
1 - 20 of 40 Posts