close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me pick a new ccw!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Azjeeper, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

ok I am looking for a new ccw gun and have come to the conclusion that one of these four is what I want. here are my picks Hkp7 some kind of 1911 browning Hi power or a Cz75 compact. please help me come up with a decission.

2. CBennett

CBennett

Ive wanted the HK P7 for the longest time..some people will cry and complain that its only a single stack and only has X amount of rounds and that a different brand holds 15 rounds instead. Well if im looking at a P7 dont you think I know that and find it to be enough for me for CC already..plus its a lot thinner than a double stack(which is always what they recommend..A good single stack will carry(and feel) a LOT better than any thin double stack for IWB CC. im aspiring to a HK P7 for CC myself..when I get one it will be my primary CC weapon...I just dont know if I will ever get that much $$$.

ALL are good guns but my 2 favorites out of your list are the HKP7 or something like a Springfield EMP or a Kimber .45 for CC one of the 4" models they have a nice one I just cant remember the exact name something like CDP II or some such..

I like the Browning a LOT but just for a range gun not so much for CC duties and the CZ is a great gun but again its kinda a thicker and bulkier gun than the others listed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

3. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I'd find out what weapon you can shoot and conceal best.

4. ChristopherBurg

ChristopherBurg

It sounds like you have a pretty good list to pick from. That means the only way to find out is a trip to a range that rents guns or find friends who own those guns. You'll need to shoot them and determine how well you can conceal them before you can determine which one is the best.

EDIT: Accidentally said ***** instead of pick. Don't want anybody to get hard feelings.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  5. Ironbar

Ironbar

Come up with your own decision for cryin' out loud! It's YOUR gun, why would you want input from anyone else except maybe input regarding quality. I personally wouldn't choose any of those guns.

6. The Habit

The Habit كافر

As noted, it's fairly unrealistic for the GT community to pick a carry gun for *you*. With that said, I've carried my HK P7, my full size 1911s, and my compact 1911. Of the three, for me, the P7 carried the best and it also happens to be the gun I shoot the best. Other than my EDC (Glock), there is no gun I'd rather carry than the P7. It offers good conceal-ability, fantastic ergonomics, points very naturally, and is dead nuts accurate.

7. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Can I make a suggestion for a gun in that design/style and price range?

Just found and purchased one myself... and I've never been more in love with a carry gun (have in a comptac minotaur and it's a fantastic gun to carry.) Dan Wesson CCO, 1911. It has the commander frame (4'' slide) but the officer's grip (reduced length for ease of carry, 7 rounds). It's been ideal for me and is probably my top recommendation in the pricerange of the P7M8.

[​IMG]

8. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

p7 m13 picked it up for 650.00 its in MINT shape, its worth 1400 It came with 3mags. its a little big to carry IMO. I carry a G26