close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me out - Pheasant & Grouse

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by PrincipalGlock, Oct 25, 2004.

1. PrincipalGlock

PrincipalGlock

Anyone have an opinion on the BROWNING GOLD FUSION 20 GAUGE 26" BARREL. Time would be spent pheasant and grouse hunting in Minnesota. I am thinking about buying one but want to rely on the thoughts you might have. Thanks in advance.

2. 357glocker

357glocker

I have both the 12ga and the 20ga Gold fusions. The 12 ga has been flawless in operation but the 20ga has had its share of problems so far. I've shot probably around 300-400 shells through it so far and it has jammed on me at least a good 30 times. Sent it back to Browning, they had it for two weeks and changed the extractor and something in the forearm. It's been a little more reliable since but it still jammed a few times during dove season. I'd go with the 12ga if I were you, especially for pheasants. The 12ga is so light anyway it feels like carrying a 20.

3. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

Browning is a good name in the gun industry. I think you will be fine.

4. MrMunster

MrMunster

For the money, if you want an auto look at the Beretta 391.

Everyone I've spoken with (re: Browning auto) has had reliability problems. Admittedly, all autos (handgun, rifle, shotgun) WILL JAM EVENTUALLY, but it seems that the Browning autos are more prone to it.

That said, my 20ga A-5 has never jammed on me.

Alternatively, take a look at the Beretta White Wing. You should be able to pick one up for ~$950.

I've hunted pheasants and quail for 25 years; 10 of those have been with an O/U. Beyond the second shot, you are usually just wasting ammo.