Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help me out...need holsters. Yes I used the search function, the search thread did not come up with what I was looking for.

I am going to get my CCL for here in Texas in a few weeks. I have a LCP that I will be my Mexican carry gun when it is WAY to hot for me to conceal something larger. I knida wanna be able to carry differt Glocks based on how I feel that day. Maybe this will change...but eventually I am sure I will stick with one weapon after I figure out what I wanna do. Sort of trial and error I guess.

I "think" I wanna carry at 5-6 oclock. It seems more comfortable when I am sticking the weapon in my pants/shorts. I know this may change also.

What I am looking for...well at first, I was hoping there was a sticky that addressed the the different carrying postions. Then, I looked for a sticky about the best holsters for different Glocks.

The handguns that I own and that I think I may carry are:
G30
G23
G33/27
Kimber Compact (same silhouette, but thicker) than my G30

Down the road, I would not mind having a holster or two for each gun. What brand? Where to carry?...and why you like them.

Money is an object, but paying 70-80 bucks will not be out of the question.

Thanks for you input!

Edit, I am 6 foot 200 lbs.

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Are you going to carry IWB or OWB?

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
If your new to carrying, the best choice to avoid buying loads of holsters is to get one that is very adjustable. Something like a crossbreed supertuck or Comptac MTAC.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Glaco makes very good quality leather holsters at a reasonable price. I have a Galco Summer Comfort for my Glock 26 and have found it to be very comfortable.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
FWIW, I have a Glock 27, and a Kimber Ultra CDP (and many others).
I have IWB holsters for both (a summer special for the Glock and a VersaMaxII for the Kimber).
These, in addition to a Kel-Tec .32 pocket rocket, are basically my carry guns. Both guns are extremely accurate and reliable but as a rule I carry the Glock much more than the Kimber. One reason is the checkered grips on the Kimber, thought attractive tends to irritate my right "love handle" if I'm not wearing a T-shirt.
Another thing that I've come to notice is that I like carrying between 3 and 4 o'clock, and actually closer to 3. I'm considering a straight drop holster instead of a canted designfor my next purchase.
As you know there's a bunch of holster manufacturers, different styles and materials but one of the main issues to make sure of is that your belt fits the holster's loops securely.
If you concerned with summer carry, you may want to consider cargo pants and or shorts that can easily conceal a compact or sub compact pistol.

·
BillofNeeds?NO!
829 Posts
I would consider getting a holster for the LCP instead of mexican carrying. Even if it is a cheapo nylon holster it is better than mexican carry.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would consider getting a holster for the LCP instead of mexican carrying. Even if it is a cheapo nylon holster it is better than mexican carry.
I have a cheap holster for the LCP....with a rubberband to keep it in the holster.:whistling:

·
Registered
76 Posts
get the supertuck from crossbreed

I have the summer comfort and its ok, but get a good belt for it or any holster for that matter. Mine tends to want to rise up and just barely stay tucked in my jeans. But Im doing A LOT of movement. Check out the high noon lineup(down home) or the bare asset/Mr Softy

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'd stick w/buying a slide type of holster, an appropriate gun belt, & use any extra $ on pants & shirts to aid in concealment. Based on the info in the OP, I'd get a Galco Silhouette OWB holster & a matching belt for the 23/27/33 combo & start carrying these first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What brand? Where to carry?...and why you like them.
+1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck for CCW. Also, if get a holster sized for the G30, it might also work for the G23 and mini-glocks as well. Here are also some of my preferences on holsters:

Ankle Holster: Forbus or Galco
IWB (Inner Waistband Holster) w/ Laser-Light (Streamlight TLR-2): Raven Concealment
IWB w/out LaserLight: Crossbreed Supertuck
OWB (Hip/Belt) w/ Laser-Light: BladeTech WRS or Safariland ALS
OWB (Hip/Belt) w/out Laser-Light: SERPA, BladeTech, or Safariland
Thigh Holster w/Laser-Light: Safariland 6004 with Nylon or Kydex Shroud
Thigh Holster w/out Laser-Light: Safariland 6004 with Nylon or Kydex Shroud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts