Help me decide: B&T APC 9-G, Stribog (A1-A3) or H&K SP5

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by stephelbe22, Oct 23, 2020.

1. stephelbe22

stephelbe22

I’m a new member & this is my first post, so if this isn’t in the correct spot, I apologize...

So I’m debating on what I want to get for an sbr.. I had originally ordered a Stribog A1 in early September but due to some BS that order was never fulfilled and I ended up having to get a chargeback from VISA and now I have no gun.. however, while waiting, I joined several Stribog groups and noticed issues with the magazines and while I think it’s not AS big of a deal as some of them make it seem, it did give me a chance to pause and think, should I really look to save some money and potential problems or should I go ahead and spend the extra money to get one of the top of the line models?
    The B&T has the advantage of taking glock mags, and since I have a glock and an ARpistol that takes glock mags, and therefore a TON of glock mags already, so that would be very cost effective.
    The SP5 has the advantage of being a MF’n SA MP5 and I’ve wanted one since I was a kid. It’s an Awesome, classic gun.. also fairly hard to get I think (at least I haven’t been able to find any for sale in the last couple weeks).
    The Bog, from everything I can tell, functions just as well as the previous 2, but it runs about 5-1300 dollars cheaper.. that’s a lot of extra Ammo or even another pistol worth of difference, for something that is verrrry similar.
    So I am torn... I would love some advice or personal experience from some ppl that have shot one or all of them, and can give me some feedback and their opinions on each firearm. I appreciate it in advance, if anyone takes the time to respond... thanks!

2. Redbullitt

Redbullitt

Have you looked at the ruger pc charger or cz scorpion? Maybe even a braced kriss?

Not to muddy the water, but the kriss, ruger, and cz are excellent too. I've shot both quite a bit, as well as an mp5 pistol. The hk is niceeeee... but it does seem to be a bit more selective in what ammo it likes than the other two. Not terrible, but notable.

The kriss has weird ergos, but it's a good weird to me, just kinda different. I've nit shot the 9mm, but the 45 is quite nice and likes glock mags, folds up very small, and has eaten everything easily ive seen it fed.

The hk has very smooth low recoil due to its design, very notable. The charger does a good job too here with its deadbolow style bolt, but not as good as the mp5. Cz has the most recoil pulse out of the 3, but again, it's mild. The kriss does make the 45 acp recoil kinda downward , and it might be less effective on the 9mm and not be worth it.

I do like how easy the ruger and cz are to suppress. Throw the can on and go. The hk can be a bit tougher to get right here, but sweet once you get it set. Optics mounts for the hk can be a pain too.

I have shot a mag or two through a stribog, and I liked it. No issues or weirdness in limited time.

Sorry to add more to look into haha, but I do love me some 9mm carbines. The stribog is an excellent little gun, and so is the bt. I like the simplicity of the blowback designs... they arent nearly as smooth or sexy, they just work and they eat everything.

I have a strong preference for glock mags for lots of reasons, so I would always lean that way.

Out of everything listed... I think I like the ruger pc charger lol... it breaks down small and folds, suppresses well, cost is very manageable, it folds, its simple and just plain works as far as I can tell. Downside is no back up sights without a little work, and it's a meaty little thing.

All that considered, how's the availability on any of these?

stephelbe22 and SpringerTGO like this.

3. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

It sounds like the H&K is kind of a grail gun for you, and if that is the case (and you can afford it) you might not be happy without it.
    I really like my Scorpion SBR. The need an HB industries spring for the trigger, but that's about it. Magazines are not expensive and there are plenty of accessories. I put a CZ stock on mine, HB industries 5" barrel, MRO sight, and Osprey suppressor.

stephelbe22 likes this.
  4. stephelbe22

stephelbe22

Thank you for all of that input.. I had looked at the scorpion and while I do like it, I dont think it’s “sexy” lol and however lame that sounds, when I’m considering spending the money and like the appearance of one over the other (without compromising accuracy and functionality (Etc) obv, which none of the ones I listed do, IMO) then I am going to go with what I prefer. I havent looked into the Ruger or the Kriss, but I will take a look at those and consider it.
    Re: the availability, I almost pulled the trigger on the B&T the other day because it was available (and still is I believe..) I havent found an HK yet, but I havent looked THAT hard yet, but it wasn’t available on any of the first sites that I would normally look. The Bog’s have been fairly available, I would have one now if I hadn’t of made the mistake of ordering from the wrong site and then getting jerked around for a month and a half. I think I’ll probably end up getting a Bog at some point, because they are a little more affordable and I’m like you... I love PCC’s/AR Pistols/ SBRs! I appreciate your input!!

5. stephelbe22

stephelbe22

I have kept going back to it (The SP5) and delayed pulling the trigger On the B&T (and it’s still available I believe) Because I havent been able to give that up yet. However, I need to just realize that there is a 99% chance I’ll love whichever one I get and it wont be the last gun that I buy (just MAYBE the last one of 2020) and I can always save a little money and get whichever one I dont get, next.. lol

6. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

You might want to google B&T issues before you throw down for one. A friend of mine has one and it's been good for him, but he seems to prefer his Scorpion. He set his up almost identically to mine.
    While I debated which guns come out of the safe post election, the Scorpion was at the top of the list. Considering I have a few $3000+ options, that's saying a lot for the Scorpion.

Too bad it doesn't appeal to you.

stephelbe22 likes this.
  7. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

If you can afford the cash, always go Swiss first.

8. B C

B C

Get the SP5 or even a clone. It seems like that's the one you want. Go with your gut.

9. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

10. stephelbe22

stephelbe22

Yeah man, I dont know why.. It’s not a complete no go, but I guess I just would rather get one of the other 2 (but likely the SP5 at this point, if I’m being honest lol). I may at this time just be looking for a reason NOT to get the SP5 haha

11. arndog123

arndog123

I own an APC9, Kriss, CMMG Banshee, multiple MP5’s, AKV9 and a few MPX’s. My favorite out of all of them are my MPX’s. They shoot softer/smoother than any of the others. Very accurate and just plain fun to shoot suppressed.
    [​IMG]

SpringerTGO likes this.
  12. Couch000

Couch000

I have not shot a Stribog but there seems to be some issues with them based on the reviews I've seen. I had an APC9K and just didn't like it for some reason. There was nothing about it that I felt warranted the premium price. At the time I had the APC9K I also had an 8" MPX and a 4" CMMG Banshee. Both very soft easy shooting guns.

Because the APC9K didn't do anything better than the MPX and Banshee I sold it and got an SP5. The APC9K is direct blowback and was a bit harsher than the MPX and the Banshee. The MPX is piston driven and the Banshee is delayed roller blowback and they both just shoot better and softer than the APC9K. I put a 4" barrel on the MPX and now have a silencer recessed into the handguard and really like the looks of it and it's so much fun to shoot with the silencer.

Once the SP5 came out I knew I had to have one. It's such an iconic gun and a definite collectors piece. So if I were you I would get either an MPX or the SP5. It sounds like you want the SP5 but it's gonna cost you more but I think both would be excellent choices for you.

13. Dghost

Dghost

I’ve shot 3 different models of 9mm B&T’s, CZ custom Scorpion, AR15, Kriss, Zenith, and possibly a couple others I can’t recall at the moment. These were all 9mm, sbr’s, and suppressed (if that matters). The Zenith import is made in Turkey by an HK licensed manufacturer on HK tooling. IMO, absolutely no contest...the SP5 clone was in a league of its own when comparing the shooting experience. It just handled so much better than all the others. Less felt recoil and muzzle rise. So easy to stay on target and very accurate. It just had that “feel” that’s hard to describe. HK nailed it. Even after 50 years, there’s a reason why it’s the one all others are compared to.

14. Glockresistor

Glockresistor

I have a vector mp5 clone sbr, I have considered selling it.

15. 0311INF

0311INF

HK, or clone, all day.

16. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

Have you considered the Kalashnikov USA kp9? I absolutely love my kp9 suppressed!

View: https://youtu.be/wD041y_MQNc

I also have the Stribog sp9a1 with brace but have not shot it yet. The sp9a1 comes with three magazines, the kp9 only comes with one magazine. Of course I have 12 magazines for each gun!

20201021_141838.jpg

20201021_142634.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  17. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

This is my answer.....

Attached Files: