close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me choose some goodies for my G27.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by M4J0R T0M, Jan 23, 2010.

1. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

Well, I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I have $150.00 to spend on my carry piece but dont know what I should upgrade. I know there are lots of options out there and thought I would consult some of the experts here.

First of all I'll give you a run down of what I've got. G27 with three mags, two standard and one 23 mag with A&G adpater. I've heat stippled the grip because I have big hands and didnt like the slippery feel when shooting the snappy .40 S&W. I've polished the trigger group and added a Glock 3.5 lb connector. I have just ordered a Kholster and I've got a nice belt so I've got that area covered.

I know alot of you guys are gonna say get more ammo and practice but I'm getting into reloading very soon so I dont need to buy any ammo.

My thoughts are leaning toward some night sights. Although my research here has shown me conflicting thoughts. Some say dont worry about night sites because in most SD situations you wont even sight the pistol. So I dont know what to think. My other idea was maybe getting a LWD 9mm conversion barrel and mags. Mainly just for fun.

What do you guys think? And what sights should I get if I go that route? XS, Mepro's, Trijicon's? Is there something I'm overlooking? Or should I just save my money and get a Gen4 G19 when they come out?

2. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. E-Money

E-Money

If you haven't already done so, spend it on a defensive pistol shooting course.

4. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

You have more than enough gun.... TRAINING on how to fight with it is what you need.

5. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

Thanks for the suggestion. Any course in particular you would recommend?

6. E-Money

E-Money

Check with your local gun shops and/or local gun clubs.

What you need to do is start with the intro to defensive shooting then move forward to advanced and other tactical courses.

Look around to see what is offered in your area. Do a google search.

If nothing, I'd save up for LFI or something like that (although pricey).

Good luck and stay safe!

7. beancounter81

beancounter81

If you want night sights, I recommend Ameriglo Pro Operators. I have the green/yellow sets on both my Glocks. You might also consider some GAP floorplates for your G27 mags. Makes a big difference in comfort without making the grip any longer.

8. Forty-eight

Forty-eight

Congratulations on your G27! I have a G27, and the first thing I did was put some Trijicon night sights on it. I definitely have more confidence in my ability to line the gun up with my target in a dark environment with the night sights. I would surely add those, because if you need them they will be there, and they are virtually unnoticable otherwise.

9. tacops5372

tacops5372

Congrats on the G27.

I've had once since they first came out. No checkering on grips, standard sights. I have 6 9 round mags 2 wtih the glock plus 2 base plates installed. . (really + 1 for .40.) My duty G22 have meps and so does my G35. My off duty carry gun I wanted to keep stock. So instead of the 100 night sites, I bought a good surefire e2d defender with strike bezel, that I can use not only with my G27 but for any other reason of needing a light and still feeling somewhat armed. :wavey:

10. perkins3120

perkins3120

i say get the night sights cause better to have and not need and well you know maybe even start your reloading sooner than you thought or the conversion kit cause i want one too

11. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

12. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

13. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Can you apply for a CCW in your state? If so, spend the money on that.

14. tnhawk

tnhawk

The only change I've made to my G27 is adding grip extensions to the mags. Night sights are the only other addition I plan to make as it's an excellent pistol out of the box.

15. Eagle22

Eagle22

a great Conceal Holster. and training classes & range time, lots of it.

16. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

A smooth trigger is a nice cheap ($10-$15) upgrade. Also, another vote for GAP floor plates. That's one of my favorite goodies that I got for my G33.

17. gjj052003

gjj052003

Is there a specific trigger group you are talking about? I would like to know so I could do a little research on it. Thanks in advance. :supergrin:

18. jkalantzis

jkalantzis

I'm always a fan of having a good set of night sights on my Glock. I recently added some tru glo greens to my 17 and love them.

19. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

This is the one you need for a G26/27/33 (#SP00357):
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=535394

There's several threads here on GT about replacing the stock serrated trigger with a smooth one. Quick, easy, cheap upgrade.

20. beancounter81

beancounter81

I believe he is referring to the actual surface of the trigger itself. The one in the 27 has serrations or grooves. The triggers in the full size 17/22 pistols are smooth. They are interchangeable - just need the corresponding Glock part. Lone Wolf is a good source. It's really a personal preference thing. Some people like the serrated triggers, others like the smooth ones.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=477