Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

What do get:

• Glock 33 .357 SIG

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Glock 30SF .45 ACP

Votes: 51 66.2%
  • 5.56 Rifle

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Save my money and buy another katana :)

Votes: 1 1.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my dilemma, I've always wanted a .45 ACP picstol and was going to pick up an HK 45C, but now I have to think practical. My duty weapon is a Glock 31. My back-up weapon is a Glock 32. I carry the Glock 32 off-duty as well. I am now in need of something smaller than the Glock 32 (losing 45 lbs kinda gives up concealing areas).

I was looking at the 30SF which is just a little smaller than the 32, but larger than the 33. Then I thought, well, I already have holsters and accessories and spare mags for the 31 and 32. I'm sure the holsters will fit the 33. And, the 33 would make a nice ankle gun and be compatible with the 31 mags on my belt. Or I can retire the 32 gun off my vest and put the 33 there.

The HK45C is about the same size as my Glock 31, so that wasn't an option for concealment. Then again, I should just buy a rifle instead of a pistol.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The g33 and the g39(45gap) or the same size. And conceal better. If the 32 to is too much, the g30 will be too. just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Get the 33 it will match your 32 and 31. Or get a 27 and you can use your 31 and 32 mags also. The 30 for me did not conceal as well as a 19. The 19=32 in size.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Buy a 27 and get the .357 sig conversion barrel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I carried a g33 in 357 sig for my backup 4 years ago.It was a sweet gun and did if throw fire at night qualifying. but at our range we need lead free ammo and It was a pain to try to find so I sold it to another deputy I work with.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Ever think of the 36? Conceals better than the 30 (same length and height, but much thinner). Depending on your method of carry it can conceal better than a 33.

Personally, I find all GLOCKs to be a bit too big or fat for ankle carry (My ankles aren't very big of course). If that is what you want, look into .380 autos or mouse guns or even a J-frame.

Of course, if you don't own some AK or AR or some variant of one, now is the time to buy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I voted 30sf..I don't think the 357 sig is going to be around that long.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I voted 30sf..I don't think the 357 sig is going to be around that long.
.357 Sig has some LE contracts. I wouldn't put it out of the picture. I mean, look at 10mm. At least you can buy .357 Sig WWB at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like you I carry a Glock 357 sig on duty (g32). I happly carried a G27 for a back up until I incountered a deal to good to pass up on a G33. It just made good sence to have the abilty to use duty mags in my back up and shoot department ammo in training. I found my G33 to be much more accurate than my G27 shooting from a rest at 25 yards (swapped barrels putting the 357 barrel in the G27 and it shot much better). The differance was great enough that I became disillusioned with the G27 and traded it for a G30. So I have both, G33 and G30 (not SF). There is no way I can carry the G30 concealed on duty as well as the G33. The G30 is a better toy. It likes my reloads and I shoot it alot, but the G33 is better for concealed carry both on and off duty. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
It is still at all 3 Wal-Mart's near me. All the local gun stores also keep more of a stock of it than 10mm or even .45 GAP.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can't do .380, policy limits us to 9mm/.40/.45/.357

Not too worried about .357 going anywhere (SS uses it) and ammo costs doesn't bother me since my department buys all of it. The Glock 31 is my department issued weapon (we all carry 31s, admin/detectives are given the option of 32s) and we don't plan on changing weapons again until after I retire.

I'm waiting on the ACR or SCAR or HK416 for my "black rifle".

I'll borrow someone's 33 for awhile and see how it works. I'll have to stop by the store and see how much thicker the 30SF is. If it's the same thickness as my USP Compact or P2000, then I'm not too adverse to that size. I just needed something with a shorter frame within my dept. guidelines.

I will probably keep the 32 on my body armor as my back-up and carry either the 33 or 30SF as my off-duty depending on which I buy. Then again, at Glock LE pricing, I wonder if I should just get both.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
"......Then again, at Glock LE pricing, I wonder if I should just get both."

Buy the entire herd at that pricing. The mother ship in Smyrna will appreciate it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I voted for the 30SF. I just bought one and think it's a great gun. The size is perfect. Shorter than the G19 but taller than the G26. And it holds 10rds of .45acp.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the past, I've had no trouble concealing my Glock 32 and HK P2000 at the same time. (Fastest reload is another gun :supergrin: ) But it wasn't really practical carrying two guns (another reason was to hand one to my wife if I had to leave her or the kids with the car) and I plan on putting a safe in the cars soon anyways.

But my dilemma is now solved, we were waiting on some Glock 32s to come in from our big order from March and we got sent some 33s instead, so instead of returning the 33s, we'll just keep them in case we need them. I'll just issue myself one of the 33s as a secondary weapon.

Now I can go buy the 30SF and have a choice between the three depending on what I'm wearing.

Thanks for all the input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts