Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently carry at about 4-5 o'clock (IWB) without any issue, I really want to appendix carry. I have tried many times with different holsters, pants, belts, etc, but just can't seem to do it even with a small gun such as my G43.

I'm a really small guy; 5'8" and about 130lbs. I think that could be my issue, because when I try to appendix carry I look like I have a basketball hiding under my shirt. :supergrin:

So what am I doing wrong here, or what advice can you give me to help me successfully appendix carry?

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't think it's your size. I'm 5'10" and about 155lbs and I do it without problems. It may be your shirt size. I have to wear a large or XL otherwise it prints XL shirt can be pretty baggy on me but I don't like tight clothes. What holsters have you tried? I use kydex for appendix

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's your size. I'm 5'10" and about 155lbs and I do it without problems. It may be your shirt size. I have to wear a large or XL otherwise it prints XL shirt can be pretty baggy on me but I don't like tight clothes. What holsters have you tried? I use kydex for appendix
I have tried a few different kydex holsters amd canted at different degrees. I have even tried when wearing untucked button down shirts to no avail.

Why would you ever want to point a loaded weapon at your balls/femoral artery?
Days where I'm in and out of the car a lot. My car has bucket seats and it's very difficult for me to reach my firearm from 4-5 o'clock since the sides of the seat somewhat wrap around me.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
11,454 Posts
Raven Concealment Systems VG2/Vanguard 2 Holster Full Kit for Glock Gen 3 & 4 models , Black, Ambidextrous https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0189SBZFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ssi8xb3SZK8WW

With this holster it's easy. I've been carrying appendix with it lately and have been quite happy.
In a loose fitting tee I can hide a Glock 29 comfortably all day.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raven Concealment Systems VG2/Vanguard 2 Holster Full Kit for Glock Gen 3 & 4 models , Black, Ambidextrous https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0189SBZFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ssi8xb3SZK8WW

With this holster it's easy. I've been carrying appendix with it lately and have been quite happy.
In a loose fitting tee I can hide a Glock 29 comfortably all day.
I was actually looking at something like that. I might just have to give it a try now that I know someone else actually uses it and likes it.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
11,454 Posts
I was actually looking at something like that. I might just have to give it a try now that I know someone else actually uses it and likes it.
Nice thing about this holster is that it can be used anywhere on the belt line, not just AIWB. Except for maybe SOB. you really can't go wrong with it. It's a great design.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
I have tried a few different kydex holsters amd canted at different degrees. I have even tried when wearing untucked button down shirts to no avail.

Days where I'm in and out of the car a lot. My car has bucket seats and it's very difficult for me to reach my firearm from 4-5 o'clock since the sides of the seat somewhat wrap around me.
I get what you're saying about the car.

Cross draw or shoulder holster?

·
Banned
14,313 Posts
I currently carry at about 4-5 o'clock (IWB) without any issue, I really want to appendix carry. I have tried many times with different holsters, pants, belts, etc, but just can't seem to do it even with a small gun such as my G43.

I'm a really small guy; 5'8" and about 135lbs. I think that could be my issue, because when I try to appendix carry I look like I have a basketball hiding under my shirt. :supergrin:

So what am I doing wrong here, or what advice can you give me to help me successfully appendix carry?

Thanks!
I'm ~ 6'2" and 155, so I know what you mean.

For me what works (appendix carry) is a Blackhawk size 6:

With a G30 and a nine round mag (to shorten the grip length) the gun sits deep enough in my belt line to help with concealment while still allowing enough grip for drawing.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
If I go super light (shorts and tee) then my Kahr 380 either AIWB or pocket is what I use. Any other times in summer months, I have been using a Stealthgear AIWB with my G42 and it has worked great. I locate the clip just to the right of my first belt loop. I am switching to G43 and a simple Flash Bang Betty for cooler month carry AIWB, so far so good.

I have learned that with the G43 if the shirt I am wearing is a little tight or very flat/soft material, moving it a little more inboard so the clip is on the left side of my first right belt loop, it blends in a little better.

I basically have only AIWB and pocket carry as options as my back won't tolerate anything past about 2:30. Any injuries in your youth that you thought had healed and were history, aren't.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts

I'm a really small guy; 5'8" and about 135lbs. I think that could be my issue, because when I try to appendix carry I look like I have a basketball hiding under my shirt. :supergrin:

Thanks!
Have you tried the Remora holster? Many here have said very good things about it. I hope they are all correct because I bought one for my oldest son to give on Christmas (might be sooner, I really want to know if he likes it). He wanted something like it for when wearing sweatpants or other elastic pants/shorts around the house and stuff.

Reactions: JMag

·
Banned
14,313 Posts
Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy.

It's not a rule for nothing.
Wisdom gets wisdom in reply.... :duel:

There's also some sort of rule about never putting your finger on the trigger unless...

:cheers:

ETA: NEVER re-holster when appendix carrying. That rule kinda sucks, but if a person keeps that in mind - they should be fine. Pulling the holster, inserting the pistol and then placing the two (with the trigger guard fully covered) back in place shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
24,843 Posts
Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy.

It's not a rule for nothing.
The OP asked about how to carry comfortably not whether AIWB was safe or not.
Fine, you don't like it. Many people do and have no issue with it. There is never a rush to go back to holster. It does provide a quicker draw and better protection against a gun grab.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.